• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted Late Series 4 Sun Visors

65beam

Donation Time
sun visors

never saw a car with black visors . new visors are available from sunbeam specialties but they are white . buy some black vinyl paint and spray them . it works.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Most think I'm nuts (for many reasons, actually...) but my first Alpine ('67 SV from Dayton area) had black sun visors. It was only 10 years old when I got it, and the previous owners were not the 'hey, let's change this' types... I suppose they could have been dealer added options, but then there would be quite a few Dayton area cars with black visors... and I've been assured that there are not.

Ken

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
My car was sold new in Iceland (really) and it did indeed come with black visors - they were not sprayed white ones, they were really and truly black. The fabric was similar to the white fabric, although the grain was smoother and more shiny, but in thickness and in all other respects they looked just like the other factory-issued visors, including the bevel-tapered mounting shaft and heat-welded fabric seams.

Perhaps they used black visors in Iceland to combat the snow reflection? It's a mystery.

Unfortunately, they were stolen about a year ago when it was parked on the street, so I don't have them to prove it. (I guess some Sunbeam owner was just a bit too greedy... I figure only an owner would know how to remove them, or indeed that they were removable at all.)

You can see them in this picture:

MyAlpine2002.jpg

65series4

Donation Time
I am not sure about the visors, but i am finding that many of the parts for an early series 4 are not the same as a late series 4. The late series 4's are more like a series 5 on a lot of the parts.

billssocc

Donation Time
Visor Iterations

I believe the visor offerings were tied to the change in rear driving mirrors.
Later visors needed to have clearance cutouts to clear the larger
oval rear driving mirror.
I have seen a very few later visors in original black, but not any early
visors.
Hope this helps.

Rgd's, Bill