• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WANTED: 1965 up front suspension for alpine,/ tiger ?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
looking for a 65 up front suspension that I can "convert" to Rack and pinion. (or already has it) Closer to 34470 the better. can they be shipped by Greyhound ?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Fonz, Check with a fellow member, Mike Schreiner Jupiter Fl

He is probably closer than EricG (65Sunbeam) South Carolina

Send me a PM or E-mail and I will get you contact info.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
If you contact Dale at Dales Restoration, he did have many Tiger front X members complete from cars he installed his modern front X member in
909-799-2099

Bruce

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
thanks, will contact him. need to find someone to "haul off "whats left of a 63 alpine. (no paperwork) engine core, trans, wire wheels

RootesRooter

Donation Time
thanks, will contact him. need to find someone to "haul off "whats left of a 63 alpine. (no paperwork) engine core, trans, wire wheels

Is that a Series III? You should be able to find a home for the close-ratio box, if original.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I don't know what series. (I suspect it's a 63 early because of the inside of the trunk (or whats left of it) LOL no id tag left on it, but the engine (Core only) and Trans are still in it. I',m looking for a service to just remove it to a junk yard. there are no body/interior or rear end gears. only engine core, trans and 5 wire wheels and adapters and front susp. . I want it gone. I need the room.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
FINDING OUT ALOT ABOUT THIS CAR (AFTER THE FACT) it's a late 63, I got it with another alpine that "looked pretty much the same", (turned out to be a early 62 !) the one I am trying to resurrect is the late 63, got it with No windshield or frame. the early 62 Had a "windshield and frame", BUT the early 62 has a different frame & a flat cowl, so it won't work on the 63 ! ****so now will be in a Need for a late 63 windshield and frame ***. how much does a used windshield and frame go for ?? there is SOO Much Different in the 2 cars (62-late 63)that is Not readily able to be Seen at a "quick glance". ( top of cowl and dash, doors,(where 1 has wind wing windows and the other has a spike, and you cannot switch them). window risers, glass, starting to get aggravating. :-( I had an e mail address for someone with parts, who is in fla, but cannot find it on this site. Thanks for any help

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ok..

The front scuttle (cowl) profile is the same on the various series, but locating holes between a SI/II screen frame and S3 onward are different. You can fit an early screen frame to a later car.. But... The soft top is different as are the side windows... If you change one must change all.

You can swap doors over, but will need to adjust the bottom leading edge curve between a sI/II and S3 car or you will have a small gap where they went from radius to square design. You still wi have issues with the soft top thought.. But can adjust an early series hardtop to work.

An series 3-V frame shouldn't be to hard to source stateside.. Just watch for rust at the bottom corners. Also there were 5 and 7 stud versions.. If you get the one with more drill 2 extra holes in the scuttle or...cut the additonal 2 studs off.

Eric G ( 65Sunbeam) Rober Jaarsman ( Jaars) would be good people to contact and can likely give you good advice.

Mike Schroeder is the guy in Fla. maybe?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I sent Mike S in Florida a note to contact you-I have the parts but the shipping to you would be $$$!

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
thanks for the help. changing EVERYTHING over will be waaay too expensive. this car may just end up as an "unfinished project". the BODY will be good, but still,windshield, chrome, no top,engine / trans . ** then the "Idea" was to shoehorn a 289/302/ 351 windsor into it.** I am able to reshape/remake the firewall and trans tunnel and steering, but if the expense on little stuff keeps it up...... Thanks. I am sure ALOT of these cars have Rotted away, so somewhere there must be a windshield (unless they went to the crusher also) .

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Figure out what Series you have and use that for reference. The year is not definitive because they used to designate it as the year it was registered, not the year it was made. For example, the S3 was only built in '63, but mine and a number of others are titled as '64s.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
No need to yell. If the engine block you were looking to dispose of came from the car, it has the VIN stamped on the block.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
sorry bout that. 1 car came with no engine /trans/int & no vin. the "Parts car 62 came with a destroyed engine( as i left out in the woods for 30 years with no oil pan )/ trans, also no tags or title. has NO frame ! only a small part of the center cross, everything else long turned to dust.(and has the spare tire under the trunk floor.) *the one I'm doing the body has a raised front of dash (COWL), wing windows on the doors, single gear window regulators and pointed door glass. the car thats going to scrap has the bad engine, a transmission, 5 wire wheels and adapter. junk man was here this morning , will be back in 2 days. ANYONE wanting "those parts", come get them, ya got 1 1/2 days. Mike, I will eventually give you a call. Thank you.