• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WANTED: 1 left falcon 289 exhaust manifold

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
WANTED: left falcon exhaust manifold. . not having any luck finding headers that will actually Fit ( there is only 2.34" between the head and the tower) Thanks

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yeah, me too, Eric.

I spoke to the OP at length in September. I offered a pair for almost half of that but he stuck his nose up at them. Too expensive.

Mark ..... volvoguys

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
There was a pair on fake book for $200 I didn't want to drive across town to go pick them up an hour each way. I told the original poster about these.
I've sold a set for 300 pretty easily about 2 years ago there's a pretty fair amount of them sitting around underneath somebody's work table. Eric's offered a good deal 300 is a fair price. You can get one side all day because it's the same as a falcon It's the other side that's tiger specific, namely the passenger side on a US car.
It's not cheap to ship cast iron and you got to pack them nice because they sometimes do the American tourister luggage commercial with your package..oh wait I'm dating myself again :)
The cast iron will crack and then you're trying to weld them up with muggy or some other cast iron welding product.
This is exactly why the guy has the completed Alger it wants to sell it for $20,000. Projects just add time money blood sweat and tears especially those from saying man I should have bought that when I had the chance:)

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I offered them at the same price the set sold for on eBay-$500 +shipping. And the shipping fee would be less than the eBay set and the buyer won't be surprised by the 10% or so sales tax that eBay now tacks on after the sale.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. maybe someone doing a "Restoration'" will pay $550 for exhaust manifolds, I did not pay that for BOTH cars.
so, somewhere someone will have a Falcon manifold for a reasonable price, then I'll go from there. if not, there will be a "whole lot of "Cutting" and welding going on ! LOL

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO. maybe someone doing a "Restoration'" will pay $550 for exhaust manifolds, I did not pay that for BOTH cars.
I would surely Pay the 250 you asked, I did NOT "turn up my nose" at them ! so, somewhere someone will have a Falcon manifold for a reasonable price, then I'll go from there. if not, there will be a "whole lot of "Cutting" and welding going on ! LOL
"WANTED: pair of tiger exhaust manifolds in almost any condition. not having any luck finding headers that will actually Fit".

I offered a set of respectable manifolds (not quite $250) but you declined them. So, your claim that you would "surely pay" is not quite honest since you'd rather look for a Falcon manifold for a "reasonable price" – which is an indirect way of saying my price wasn't reasonable, at least in your opinion. As Warren said, R/S exhaust manifolds are specific to Tiger and since they're kinda scarce the pricing reflects that.

You claim to have extensive experience in body work and restoration. So, if you've rebuilt a Mustang, you already know that parts location and prices are no problem since they made a kazillion of them. But if you're looking for stuff specific to Boss 302 or GT350/500 you can't expect to pay the same money as parts for a stock, run-of-the-mill pony, can you?

Consider this: In 1955, Chevrolet produced 27,520 Nomads, yet the prices for '55 Nomad-specific parts is tremendously higher than 210 and Belair models. In comparison, Rootes produced just over 7000 Tigers over three years.

Last edited:

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I know about "Car Specific parts", but if you look ENOUGH, and ask enough questions, you can usually find a part that "will work" instead of the 1 part specific .

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ayyyy Fonz , the Tiger one says Duracast and has a different exit. Everyone appreciates you saving a Sunbeam. More often than not people look to eBay to price their items. More than once at a swap meet at dawn, I've asked how much and the seller checks his device for a completed auction. If I don't really need the item I lay into him and tell him , " if I wanted to buy at am eBay price I would be at home relaxing.
"Carbitrage" the speculation or trading of car parts and pricing ;)
Look nobody knows what you are using for motor mounts etc.
Play nice act nice..

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
that's the reason I posted PICS what kind of car was being" brought back from the dead", casting marks and numbers mean nothing to me, as long as I can make it "fit". I'm not trying to fool anyone that this thing was Ever a "Tiger", it is "what it is", a "Hot Rod". It will look like a "no badge" sunbeam, in black hotrod primer. I'm sure there will people saying, "ooh, wrong seats" or" thats not the way they came",.. oh well. I'm saving a car that surely Should have been Crushed 20 years ago. it's something to occupy time, that's all. a Frankenstein Car that will have Plenty of "STITCHES" showing .LOL

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I got and installed a Left One. I'm in search of a "Right one". I DID "check", and a Left "CAN be MADE to Work" on the Right,Now I find by using a front plate I can use 2 left falcon manifolds that actually make the exhaust much easier.

Last edited:

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
You were offered a pair of correct Tiger exhaust manifolds for $300 in September. A correct, original Tiger steering column with dog bone that you seek was also offered.

You stuck you nose up at all of them.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
What's a reasonably price for something that was likely under 8000 units made over 50 years ago. Considering that a lot of people who use an IFS kit from Dale or from Hokansen or guys here who make their own still use the stock steering column.
The good guy price on a steering column is over 300.00

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I've got 2 alpine columns. I will cut down the tube (new bearings), machine down the shaft (worm gear) and make one. if anyone feels that THEY "Must have an Original". well, something is always "worth whatever someone else is Willing to pay for it". It's like someone Restoring a 1923 ESSEX, if they need a part, they Will Pay the price. That's the Beauty of building a "HOTROD", it can BE whatever the owner WANTS it to BE. In my lifetime, I have had at least 100 classic/hotrod cars/bikes, and Do Still Have 5 classic cars, I myself do not care about Numbers matching, "Correct", etc. whats NICE is NICE. when someone tells me "something Cannot be Done". to me, thats a "challenge", not something I take as "written in stone". I enjoy peoples stories of what they "Tried to do" and it "did" or "did not" work out. I Can always learn something if they post what the problems were that made it un-doable for them.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Someone (maybe Al Mason) had once told me that 'an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.' Thing is, this situation discussed in this forum isn't that...

Fonz, I like what you're doing but... if you're doing major mods and can find parts that will work in lieu of others, why... use Tiger anything?

I'll be the first to agree that Tiger anything is overpriced, but you're asking for something specific to a car that only X amount was made for, to begin with. Why not instead ask for parts that work like them that will fit your measurements or needs instead? I mean, that's what you're really going for... right?

With the crazy amount of small block Ford V8's built, I am sure that you can get the parts you need for the price you're expecting to pay... they're just not going to come off a Tiger. And even though I'm not a strict purist (my Series IV is pretty damn stock but my wiper fluid is motorized and my glove box has a 'Sunbeam' black leather panel over it), I wouldn't use strictly "Tiger" parts because it means I would be taking away from those folks who really are trying to put a legit Tiger back together. I'm a weirdo but I have respect for that.

I hope I'm not coming off rude or insincere and if I do, I apologize. But you're basically building a car from scratch (and saving an Alpine in the process), so... why not just ask for what works instead?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I am Not looking for tiger "anything". couldn't care less that it came off a tiger or not. as long as I can Make it fit. I will only use a tiger part if that is the ONLY thing that can possible work.. so far I haven't run into anything that Cannot be replaced with a non tiger part. don't know where you got the idea I am looking for tiger specific parts. so, now I found a way around tiger exhaust manifolds, so I won't be using them either.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I am Not looking for tiger "anything". couldn't care less that it came off a tiger or not. as long as I can Make it fit. I will only use a tiger part if that is the ONLY thing that can possible work.. so far I haven't run into anything that Cannot be replaced with a non tiger part. don't know where you got the idea I am looking for tiger specific parts. so, now I found a way around tiger exhaust manifolds, so I won't be using them either.

"WANTED: pair of tiger exhaust manifolds" is the title of your thread....