• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

VSCDA Racing Video - Sunbeam Alpine

99ZoomR

Gold Level Sponsor
Very nice Dave! Will you be at the Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival on the 12th? I'm planning to spend the weekend up there...

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
A couple of things:
Your clubs pace laps look really fast!
You have a very smooth driving style, nice to watch.
Your car is fantastic and very fast, the only thing the Healy had on you was 3 liters.
How many RPM's do you pull?

Thanks for sharing, lord it brought back memories from my Alpine racing days (Although, I may not have been as fast as you!)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very nice driving. I was impressed with being able to pull up on the Healy even though he had the strait-a-way.

Handling the curves makes a lot of the driving competition more keen.

Around the 20 and 24 minute frames I believe you really made him squirm.:D

Maybe I'm just picking but it seemed he was moving into you line of direction a few times (cutting you off?). But, again I think he was a bit erratic in his driving, Just my thoughts,

Keep up the good showing in your "Pine".

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Very nice driving. I was impressed with being able to pull up on the Healy even though he had the strait-a-way.

Handling the curves makes a lot of the driving competition more keen.

Around the 20 and 24 minute frames I believe you really made him squirm.:D

Maybe I'm just picking but it seemed he was moving into you line of direction a few times (cutting you off?). But, again I think he was a bit erratic in his driving, Just my thoughts,

Keep up the good showing in your "Pine".

No, he was "protecting" his line. But Dave was so outclassed on the straights, I think he decided it was not worth the effort to pass. Just lay back a little and "encourage" the Healey through the turns.

There are a lot of ways to have fun.

Bill

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Michael:

I think that is the ex-Carl Christiansen (did I get his last name right?) Alpine. It's right-hand drive and has two blue stripes. My car was left-hand drive and had only one blue stripe. If it's Carl C.'s old car, it has a much more serious motor in it than my SI racer did...