• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vinyl Fabric Vardage ?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Found a local guy that carries the fabric used to upholster our little tin cans! He is also checking on the real thin stuff used for the side trim stuff along with the piping. Think I may try and "DIY" my next project.

So how much yardage does it take to do the average non GT car? Including length of piping?

Keeping my eye out for a commercial machine.

P

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Paul,
I bought 5 yards of, marine grade, vinyl, for my restore. So far I've recovered the dash top, face, and bottom cushon bar, both door panels, center console, the rear seat panel and both sides. I still have a bit over a yard which I think will be enough to make a new top cover and whatever else. This has also given me enough to make a few mistakes and redos. When I first saw just how much 5yards was, I thought I'd bought too much. I now think it will be just about enough.
Good luck

mikephillips

Donation Time
Paul, if you can find the thin stuff that would be great. I tried some local shops for the thin black for the alloy panels flanking the dash and was told it was obsolete and they couldn't obtain anything like it.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
You can find "leatherlike" or naughahyde material similar to original at WalMart in the sewing/fabric aisle. I made new door panels from this material and it looks great. I still have some left over after doing both doors and it cost less that $10 for the material. Without a magnifying glass, I can't tell the difference between the new panels and the upholstery on the seats.
Rick

1960 Series I
1967 Series V