• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vintage Races at Put-in-Bay.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Went to the car show portion of this event yesterday (9/21). Lucked out with the weather and didn't get wet. Different story today for the races - supposed to rain all day. Met forum member Puff and his wife on the ferry boat over in the morning - great people. Lots of great old sports and race cars. Only one other Sunbeam, and it happened to also be a S3 (GT). It's owned by the couple that runs the car show portion of the event. I just made it on the ferry to the island - last car in the far left corner.

Mike

Attachments

• 20210921_103616.jpg
    20210921_103616.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210921_133825.jpg
    20210921_133825.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 34

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice to meet you and your other half as well, Mike! You've got a LOVELY Series 3.

Perhaps you missed the Alpine that's supposed to race tomorrow? It wasn't a part of the paddock show, for some reason, but it did take the 'old course' laps yesterday.

If you're on Facebook you can see an 'in action' video of the participants here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/136839279729859/posts/4375237029223375

And some of my photos of the cars in the paddock are here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325868645051/posts/10165582379655052

Last edited:

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Kevin. I really wanted to stay for the laps of the old course, but the radar was looking nasty so we headed for home. Did it end up raining during the laps, or did they get it in? I'm guessing yesterday was a total wash-out. The wind and waves had picked up for the trip home with waves crashing over the bow. If my car was in the same spot going back it would have been drenched. Fortunately, I was much further back on only got some light spray.20210921_153501.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mike, they did get in the "Old Course" run on Tuesday, but Wednesday was a total washoout. Everything was moved back to Thursday and Friday. Here's a link to my Google folder where I uploaded videos of the Old Course fun run as well as today's racing. You'll see a couple of Alpines running in today's races, as well as in the Old Course run.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19VaEgYkk9dja1Q0yZ8MNpavAcl_l5Ja7?usp=sharing

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Good stuff, thanks for posting. Looking at the radar in the afternoon, it sure looked like some heavy rain was going to hit around the time of the tour, and then definitely for my ride home. Next year!