• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Very Rare Optional Bonnet Mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greenbeam

J-Lo becomes confused by 'bonnet' and 'boot' when showing just how much junk is in the trunk.

Nickodell

Donation Time
"Miss Taylor, I assure you that we will let you drive a Sunbeam Alpine in your next film, Butterfield 8."

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Re: Bonnet Mascot

1) My mother always said, "a real lady should always wear her bonnet out in public". As you can see my bonnet is the full frontal style and it covers up my little beams.

2) I would do just about anything to cover up my Rootes, I must do this so you don’t see that I am truly a brunet.

3) This is what I call positive grounding.

Andrew

napa 1

Donation Time
As Harold left the dealership and ventured out for the first time in his brand new Sunbeam Alpine, he quickly learned what the saleman had meant by the phrase: "The car is a real Chick Magnet".

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
photo

You can be assured that when you purchase a Sunbeam Alpine the girls will be swept off their feet!:D

Andrew

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Caption

Colin Baxter-Cartier (Pictured above) of Devon by-the-other-Devon, was questioned by local authorities about the incedent. Reportedly, when Shirley St. Stevens-Astor, of the original Devon, inquired about having a lovely spring ride in the country in his new MG, Mr. Baxter-Cartier was so startled that his foot slipped off the clutch, indelably stenciling the word SUNBEAM on her thighs. Always the gentleman, he promply removed the rearview mirror from his new Alpine and presented it to her so she could read it.

After investigations, local authorities pronounced all parties OK.

JonPiz

Donation Time
"Are you sure you want to go to the Invasion darling, isnt there anything I could do to convince you to stay at home"

"Oh well, theres always next year";)

D

Dr.NO 007

"Yes Luv... I'm buffing your rootes thingy"

re: (Rootes Group Alpine Badge located just right)

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Although this was a popular option when first introduced, it rapidly fell out of favor after the release of the Ralph Nader expose' book " Undressed at any speed"

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
The boys from the Rootes Engineering Dept really scooped the competition when designing their new federal bumpers. 98% of those polled found the shape and size more appealing then the ugly black bumpers offered by MG & Triumph.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
ok, here my last attempt to get that t shirt

Early airbag systems looked remarkably similar to inflatable party dolls.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Last Day For Submissions

Today is the last day to submit your caption for the contest. Winner will receive the t-shirt of his choice (no, the lady draped on the Alpine is NOT available to model the shirt!).

Get those final submissions in - we've had some really clever ones so it will be difficult for the judges, but we'll announce a winner and a few runner ups on Monday.

I hope you've enjoyed this - have fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.