• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Venezia on ebay

64beam

Donation Time
I thought I saw this somewhere before. This was on craigs list as well. You can certainly see alot of Alpine in its design. Certain angles look identical. I have never really taken the time to have a good look before (I still don't like the front though).

Regards, Robin.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Fair Price? Well it went down from the Craiglist price, but is still too high. I do not know exactly what the $10k at KIP really entailed. Must be mechanically OK(?). Body looks like it needs paint, but with the aluminum there will be no rust to deal with. Except on the floor pan. Also the interior need work, look at the dashpad and crack in steering wheel. The missing Touring logo's are about $200 in total. Are two hub caps missing?
I guess $5-10k is more realistic.
I am restoring one and have all details and about 500 dig pics of every detail. Thewy drive really comfortable on long distances and have a good size trunk. The weight is almost identical to that of an Alpine.
Robert

Sownman

Donation Time
I do not know exactly what the $10k at KIP really entailed. Must be mechanically OK(?).

Thats what I was thinking, where was 10K spent ? Certainly not interior or paint and body. Engine doesn't look too awful. Good point about the aluminum didn't think about that. Car is not far from me I'll try to see it next weekend. The 1592cc engine is compatible with Alpine parts correct ?

Steve

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Steve,
Yes the engine and drivetrain are as an Alpine. Just the driveshaft is longer(same as Hillman).
The suspension is also like an Alpine.
I love to see this car come in good hands and certainly to be restored.
Robert

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
OK. Maybe I have bad taste in cars but the front of that thing is .... not the most attractive... Appears to me they hacked the front of the Alpine off and welded some flat stock.

I have a question about the spaces above the headlights where the Alpine headlights would have been. Did they use that as an intake for ventilation?

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Nick,
You got it, air intakes.
Lancia Flaminia has more of the same front styling. In fact the light are the same Carello´s.
From the side it has similar looks as the Alfa 1900. Several parts came from the same bins as for Ferrari, Lancia and Maserati.
Robert

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thank you

OK I got that but where did they go? To the brakes for cooling or the carburator?

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Vents:
The air vents go to the blower and then to heater core or directly to vent on center of dash or the two vents on either side underneath the dash.

Corrosion:
To my total surprise I found no serious corrosion between the steel tubes and the aluminum. In between Touring put an impregnated felt strip about one inch wide. Only small taps welded to the tubing connect directly with the aluminum with screws, fe, all around the engine bay.

Sorry for the late reply, but we have been without power for 7 days+7 hours, due to the ices storm last week.
Robert