• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vehicle transport services

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Just goes to show the Power of the Darkside.... (insert evil laughter here)

Glad it worked out Scott. :D

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
The Registry update is just days away, so your info should be posted soon. I thought this was a car you just got yesterday. My bad!

SDuncan

Donation Time
Well, it is sort of. I bought the car way back on March 13th, it has just taken this long to get it home.

SDuncan

Donation Time
I am trying to digest everything with the car, looking it over again and again, to take it all in, before I decide what needs doing and what can wait.

I think the vacuum brake booster is leaking, as you have to pump the brakes a few times to build up pressure so the brakes will stop. I am thinking of eliminating the booster and eventually go to the Datsun M/C that has been used by people on here. It would clean up some space under the hood too.

The are a couple hoses under the hood I am trying to figure out as well. There is one that comes off the carb that isn't hooked up to anything, it is just sitting there. The other is a braided hose that comes off the upper water outlet. It runs into where the heater core is located, but there isn't another hose coming out the other side, so I am not sure what that is about. If I could figure out how to downsize a photo, I'd post it to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
One way to deal with photo size is to adjust the camera to 640 x 480, and snap away. Another is to mail the photo to yourself... many mail programs shrink it automagically. There are also many free-ish programs to do it, for Mac, Windows, or Linux. Folks who use them will likely chime in with their favorites. Are you Mac, Windows, or Linux?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Scott, use photobucket. Set up an account (its free) park your photos there and use a link in your post. Its all free, easy (even I can do it) and magic. The standard photobucket pistures are huge, but it is easy downsize them in Phtotobucket. Only one problem, once downsized, a photo is always downsized. I think that now it is possible to store a photo several times, each a different size.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I think the vacuum brake booster is leaking, as you have to pump the brakes a few times to build up pressure so the brakes will stop. I am thinking of eliminating the booster and eventually go to the Datsun M/C that has been used by people on here. It would clean up some space under the hood too.

Before you ditch the booster, you might want to just bleed the system. In my experience, the need to pump the brakes is usually just a sign of air in the system. I have never had a booster leak, just fail suddenly. When that happens, you know it because you get a puff of blue smoke out the exhaust and then no brakes.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Scott,

Bill is right. Using Photobucket (or Webshots) you can document your work for anyone to refer to. As you make progress you simply add to the folder and add comments.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
When do us locals get to drool over it?

Congrats, can't believe we have 2 darksiders in this little part of the frozen north.