• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

value of metal trunk plugs

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
I've located the rear clip of an Alpine that has a complete set of the metal trunk plugs still intact. They are in nice shape and the owner is willing to sell them to me. He told me to pay "what I think is fair" for the plugs. I want to give him market value, but I have no idea what that is. Any ideas? The plugs need to be removed, cleaned and blasted, but are not rusty or broken.

Thanks!
Kim
Series III

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Kim,

I would think that $25.00 for the set would be fair. Fair market value however is dependent on what you are willing to pay. You are restoring a very nice Alpine so you will want factory plugs. Most could car less, hence hurting the demand and market value. I think there are five plugs in the trunk so that would be $5.00 per plug. Everyone should be happy.

I hope you are going to make the big debut with your Alpine at the United.

Send me some pictures!

Cheers,

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
More than fair - maybe even a $20 would cover it. As Todd correctly points out, few are chasing down some of these original details, so there is no established market value.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Generally for a part like that you swap fomr some odd ball part you have.. of course if they are not enthusiasts that wont work.. most people are happy with rubber plugs so the value is not really much, the other thing is they are comon to hillmans and other rootes cars if one really wanted them.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Oh, thanks very much Michael, you've ruined my chances of adding to my retirement fund by selling all the floorplugs in the Hillmen in the backyard on ebay as "rare, must have resto items". Crap....................:D