• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Valance and Scuttle

65beam

Donation Time
Doug had several of the Martel panels. I wonder if he still has them. He used one on my green car.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Rob made them from 22ga sheet metal. In my opinion too thin, why? I could press a dent in it with my thumb. I copy Rob's valance tops too, but I use 18ga...Boy does that make a huge difference.
Jan

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Just to be clear ... I have no business relationship with Steven Alcala ... I bought parts from him a couple times. He's a nice, fair and knowledgeable guy to deal with so I thought I'd pass this info along to help other owners with the same issue alot of us are dealing with, .... ruined front valance's.

........ David

** so no one gets P.O.'d

Glenn

Donation Time
How does a person get in touch with Steven Alcala? I think I can bang my dented one out, but replacing would be quick and easy....

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think I can bang my dented one out, but replacing would be quick and easy....
If you're indicating the lower valance pan is dented in (Every pan I have ever seen is dented & bent), replacing it is NOT easy. I do the final straightening with a hammer & dolly & a metal shrinker while it's on the car. If you do attempt to replace it, a Miller spot welder is needed...(That is, to do it right like a factory job....although, many here will argue that there are "Shade-Tree Mechanic" ways of doing things)
Jan

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just an FYI. ...
Craigslist ads last for 7 days here and must be manually renewed. The email links seem to last a little longer as replies bounce soon afterwards.

He's in my Rolodex , I mean phone :)

Last edited: