• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V8 Hillmans

64beam

Donation Time
Ahhh that sweet V8 sound :D . Maybe the hunter should have come with an eight. What poor Tiger gave up some of it's bits for the car in the last video. Thanks for the post Vic.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Hi Robin,

Regarding the Super Minx Coupe, according to Jim Mazour of the US Rapier register.....

"This car is remarkably similar to a V8 powered Super Minx race car built in Spain in the late 1960s for racing on the Spanish National Rallye Championship. The original body was shortened to a two-door coupe body shell with work done in Madrid by the Setra Seida Buscoaches workshop. It was powered by a Sunbeam Tiger Mark II Ford 289 cubic inch engine and running gear. It reportedly had several wins during its competition history."

I believe the NZ Hunter rally car is using the Rover/Buick alloy V8 - plenty of room under a Hunter bonnet for one - maybe I should fit one to mine. :D

Cheers, Vic