• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Mustang on eBay

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This could be a great deal, since it has everything but the Ranger oil pan, oil pump pick up, dip stick and oil filter adapter. To buy all the pieces it has individually, would most likely cost more than that.

The mileage is right too, if you are wanting to keep the V6 stock. You´d only need to change out the nylon toothed camgear, and you´re goodto gofor another 100,000 miles.

Jose

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure looks nice!

Man, that would be a shame to destroy such a nice looking Mustang II just for the engine/bellhousing:eek:

There are too many out there that are not running for such a destruction of a good runner....

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I agree w/ Dan. $800.00 is a lot for those parts and you know the car has 140,000 + miles on it so you will have to rebuild anyway.
As Dan says, the parts are out there if you look .

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
The ad says 49,000 miles on it, which is barely broken in. The only thing you´d need to do to the engine, is change out the timing gear. I know that $800 sdounds like a lot, but you get the whole drivetrain, including the 8" rear end.

Someone will just buy it and inside a yuear, they´ll have it destroyed, so why not put the drivetrain to good use now.

Jose

alpine_64

Donation Time
The ad says 49,000 miles on it, which is barely broken in. The only thing you´d need to do to the engine, is change out the timing gear. I know that $800 sdounds like a lot, but you get the whole drivetrain, including the 8" rear end.

Someone will just buy it and inside a yuear, they´ll have it destroyed, so why not put the drivetrain to good use now.

Jose[/QUOTjose the ad says 49k buy probably been round the clock.... So its likely don't 150k+

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Michael,

For the condition the car is in, I doubt it has that many miles, besides, most guys would say it has 140,000 , because it has turned the clock over. The car is just too clean to be a high mileage car.

Jose

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I suspect that if they knew, MII owners would look at Dark Siders the way Alpine owners sometimes look at Tiger owners who just see our cars as parts cars. On the other hand, from what I have been able to learn lurking on MII sites, I don't think the MII guys especially value the V6 cars. They only seem to care about the V8's. So, if a car this this goes unwanted among the MII owners, I can live with it giving up its life to keep an Alpine on the road.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
so, buy the Mustang. Take what you need. Then convert the Mustang to an 8 cylinder, and back on e-bay for re-sale. "It's all gold Gerry".

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Unfortunately, The Mustang II guys aren´tmuch interested in the coupe. What they actually want, is a V8 fastback.

Jose

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ask a lot of questions about the Mutt II's !!!!

A friend of mine has a lot of the Mustang II's (40 or more), Lots of the fastbacks, but, all are 4 bangers except for a couple of V8s and three of the V6s. I bought two of the fastbacks (very rusty) and stripped the engines and trannys for my projects.

Been trying to buy a Bobcat V6 & 4 speed for two years now!

They are out there! Just ask a lot of questions, especially old ford guys!