• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Upper Midwest Get Together May 17

jack Bacon

Donation Time
The Upper Midwest Chapter will be getting together Saturday May 17 at the Intermarque Car Show at the Radisson Hotel in Plymouth, Minnesota. Free registration starts at 9 AM followed by the awards banquet at 2 PM. There are usually about 120 cars here and I am hoping with a good Sunbeam turnout we can have the largest group. See you there!

Regards, Jack

Tullamore

Donation Time
I am hosting an event for the Mustang Club of Central Iowa that day, so I won't be able to make that one. :(

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Upper Midwest

We had three red Sunbeams lined up together at the Inter-Marque Foreign Car Show on Saturday and I had to forget my camera! There were about 120 cars and even some newer cars like Lotus Esprit and a Ford GT40. George Farrell had his Series V, Graham Waltz had his Tiger and I had my Series II. John Dalland from Minneapolis showed up late with his Series V he has had for 40 years. Brian Connolly and daughter drove the 240Z and Volvo 1800S. His Tiger isn't quite ready. Not too bad and no awards for us this year.

Lot of nice cars including 1932 MG J2 restored, Rolls-Royce from early 30's and a Borgward from mid 50's. I believe the Borgward was the only German car and no Japanese cars. Who said that CV2 was leaking antifreeze?

We talked of a Meet & Greet near the end of June. Maybe gather at someone's house for BBQ and then go for a cruise. What's a good weekend for everybody?

Tullamore

Donation Time
We talked of a Meet & Greet near the end of June. Maybe gather at someone's house for BBQ and then go for a cruise. What's a good weekend for everybody?

Tigers United XXXI is June 26-29 so that would probably be a bad date to pick. Some of us were talking about the Mid America Shelby Meet which is June 12-15.

So far I don't see any events going on the weekend of June 21-22