• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Upcoming vintage races

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
I just wanted to let everyone know that I've entered my Alpine in the fall CVAR vintage races at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit on the weekend of October 4-5. If anyone in the area would like to come out to watch, please feel free to come by our place in the paddock for a visit and a closer look. Hope to see you there!!!!

Take care,

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I missed it, So how did it GO!

;)
So tell us please how did it go this weekend????
Rain early on Saturday mess up the track, delay?
Did the head gasket hold this time?
Got a picture of you in the new winners circle?
Inquiring minds need to know :)
Did Steve show up in the illusive tiger?

Donna
:D

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Hey, Donna:

Sure did miss you at the races this weekend, even though I only ended up getting to run on Sunday. We ended up having a tragic event occur to one of my co-workers on Tuesday of last week as he passed away suddenly. We were not told by the family until Friday morning that the funeral service would be Saturday morning at 11:00 am. Obviously, that ended my opportunity to be at Hallett on Saturday.

We were able to make it up on Sunday, however. I am happy to report that the Alpine ran like a freight train!!!! In fact, I won...which, of course, is "Andy-speak" for "I was able to drive it back up on the trailer at the end of the day on Sunday!!!" The car ran nice and cool, held good oil pressure all day and the brakes held out...all in all, a very good run! I even had a really great race with a guy from Salisbury, England in his 1928 Frazer-Nash!! I've tried to attach a pic...I have no idea what I'm doing there so, if it doesn't come through and you want to see it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Anyway, wished you could have been there on Sunday. There's always next spring!!!!!!

Later,

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Donna:

By the way, you asked about Steve Cleveland and his Tiger. I don't think Steve has even been through driver's school yet and he won't be able to race at Hallett until he's done so. The next CVAR driver's school is at Texas World Speedway at the end of next February. I've not heard a thing from him...

See ya',

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Gosh darn wait till April 2009!

:D Sounds like you did great and had fun this time, what a difference a good head gasket makes! Blame my parents this time they were in town and to tired from the Vance Air Force Air Show on Saturday to meet us at Hallett on Sunday, they are not getting any younger need to make the time to visit with them. Just like your obligation to attend the funeral of a co-worker, life just keeps getting in the way of our FUN, O well! Thank You for the update and mark my calender for April's race 2009!

Donna