• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Unsafe Jack Stands

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I just got a notification some 3 and 6 ton Harbor Freight jack stands could be flawed...causing them to collapse. The latest NSRA magazine Streetscene has the story on page 108 by the Kentucky Safety Team. . The stands involved are numbers #61196 / #61197 / #56371. The 3 ton jacks have the number on the top of the jack stand. The 6 ton jacks have the number on the yellow part of the label on the base. Some guys do not want to admit they use Harbor Freight parts but DO NOT let that keep you from checking your stands. I use them but limit any load supported. The problem seems to be the fault of OLD TOOLING used from 2013 to 2019 and 454,000 were sold. Mine seem to be different numbers but I checked anyway. Harbor Freight issues a gift card for the shelf price if the bad stand is taken to them. BE SAFE!