• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Unknown Bolts

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMG_0924.JPG IMG_0925.JPG The ID of these substantial bolts with nuts and washer has stumped me. Anyone know what they are for? The bolts are 3 1/4" long, 1/2" in diameter and the thread is either 24 or 28 tpi. The washers are about 3/16" thick so I assume these bolts must hold something very big together. Any help will be much appreciated.
Rick

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don’t know Bernd, are they? I’ve never worked on the front chassis so I’m at a loss as to their placement.

Rick

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Checked the parts list and it says 1/2" UNF x 3 1/4" . The thick washer looks telltaling to me. Would say yes...