• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Universal Blue

napa 1

Donation Time
A friend of mine recommends and swears by Universal Blue, used in conjunction with or sometimes even in place of, all of the various gaskets. As I have been taking the engine bay apart, I have been finding a thin film of something flexible and blue between various parts... sometimes only blue and no gasket. I'm assuming this is Universal Blue or its equivalent. Has anyone had any experience using this.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Blue Stuff

It seems that in the past,,,,20-30 years ago I used to use a blue silicone for a gasket, water and light pressure areas, transmission, oil pan and differental body. Axel housing near the bearing seal area. Always worked for me. Cleanliness is the key with any sealant though.. ABSOULTLY NO oil prior to assembly and let set for at least 8-10 hours.

An other product was a brown gasket maker, at the time International Harvestor(boy am I old?) had one that I would almost,,,not quite,,, kill for today. That stuff would seal the great flood.
A real bugger to take apart when you want to though.:confused:
My 2.0p
Chuck