• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Two Tigers in DC Area

CRBASIN

Donation Time
I was looking at Craigslist in Washington, DC and found two tigers.

The first appears to be in running condition, the second is a project. I do not know these cars or their owners. . Odd that I've never seen the running Tiger--according to the Craigslist map, it is right in my neighborhood.

Running Tiger

Project Tiger

John

RootesRooter

Donation Time
On the runner: all that time spent on an elaborately personalized dash and he engraved his Mk IA's with "Tiger 67."

ALC 68A

Donation Time
That dashboard on the running car is awful and the loss of the glovebox would be inconvenient. The rear wheelarch lips seem to have been enlarged beyond what they should be. Lots of filler in there?

The project car would originally have been Forest Green. A lot of work needed, but a more honest car than the other one.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
For a recent sale he says see the BaT listing. That is a comparable! LOL!! . Not to self when guys make unrealistic comparisons try not to laugh unless behind the curtain of the internet.
As a point of interest only I conversed with the buyer of the BaT listing he had just bought a BaT Alpine and was towing thru Pittsburg, "the place of the BaT auction," and stopped to look at the Med blue car. As high bidder they tossed in an unseen Alpine roller. Rarely all the facts are plain to see and could always be buyer's puffing.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Taste, schmaste. It's a highly personalized dash. To each his own. But it offends my accountant sensibilities because Mk II's started coming off the assembly line in December of 1966. There's NO SUCH THING as a '67 Mk IA. Registration & title don't count. Carving "Tiger 67" into his dash just shouts to the Tiger world that he didn't do his homework.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Taste, schmaste. It's a highly personalized dash. To each his own. But it offends my accountant sensibilities because Mk II's started coming off the assembly line in December of 1966. There's NO SUCH THING as a '67 Mk IA. Registration & title don't count. Carving "Tiger 67" into his dash just shouts to the Tiger world that he didn't do his homework.
Registration does count since the car was titled with the year when sold although the registry says it's not.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I had a 69 Honda CB160 . It was built in 65 as the wiring harness stamping showed and in 69 that model wasn't available as there was a CB175 .
I also have a 67 MK1A it's that way cause that's when it was sold new and that's how it was done by the dealership in charge. It's not easy to change with DMV's but can be done and since a trip to the DMV is often like a root canal.....