• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Twin 40 weber intake manifold

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
As mentioned in some of my other posts - I'm looking for an intake manifold to fit twin 40/45 DCOE webers to my 1725 SIV. The car is LHD and I need one that will allow the carbs to clear the steering box. I've been told the 'Redline' manifold will do the job

Cheers,
Stuart

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
The Redline manifold is what I used. I had to change one of the bolts on the steering box to a flat screw for extra clearance.
The more difficult part is the brake master cylinder. On mine I just flipped the master cylinder upside down and located a remote reservior from a Cobra at a higher point.
It worked for me.

Mike snyder

Donation Time
Red line and master cylinder

Stuart and Jeff,

I have the redline duel 40DCOE intake and it is a good casting with great milling and fit right up to the intake and carbs. Jeff, what master cylinder are you using? I've got a duel master cylinder from an F-10 that I am considering mounting on the passenger side due to carb interference. What type of remote did you use and how close is the carb to the master cylinder?

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
Mike,
I have managed to track down a Redline (formerly Warnerford) intake for my Webers. It is the gooseneck design and so I now have no problem with clearance of the steering box. However, the rearmost carb is just touching the master cyl.

To get round this I can either remove some material from the mounting flange on the master cyl (moving it closer to the bulkhead) or alternatively I was thinking of fitting a spacer shim under the LH engine mount to give me 1/8" clearance.

The master cyl I have is a Girling 070 which uses a remote reservoir. These are readily available for around $85, I got mine from TrueChoice
http://www.truechoice.com/products.asp?dept=1150&pagenumber=1&sort_on=number&sort_by=ASC

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Mike,
I have managed to track down a Redline (formerly Warnerford) intake for my Webers. It is the gooseneck design and so I now have no problem with clearance of the steering box. However, the rearmost carb is just touching the master cyl.

To get round this I can either remove some material from the mounting flange on the master cyl (moving it closer to the bulkhead) or alternatively I was thinking of fitting a spacer shim under the LH engine mount to give me 1/8" clearance.

The master cyl I have is a Girling 070 which uses a remote reservoir. These are readily available for around $85, I got mine from TrueChoice
http://www.truechoice.com/products.asp?dept=1150&pagenumber=1&sort_on=number&sort_by=ASC

Where did you get the intake?

You didnt have success with the one from Harding automotive?