• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Turn signal Switch redo

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Having an issue with the proper after market steering wheel hub.

What's the consensus on if this is even a Series II turn switch / horn assembly or some bastard part. (It worked with the old stock wheel.)

Thanks

Attachments

• horn button original.jpg
    horn button original.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 45
  • horn button springalex.jpg
    horn button springalex.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 44
  • turn switch.jpg
    turn switch.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 44

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
That is a completely different style of switch than my S3, but I'm not familiar enough with the earlier cars to know if it's correct or not.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim,
It looks like an S1-2 switch to me. I have one downstairs and will check it for you.
You do need the contact plate for the horn ring unless your aftermarket wheel has a different type of switch.

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the responses'. I have two contact rings so I'm good there. Just needed verification of having the proper switch so commiserate with the vendor to get the proper hub. In the mean time I have made my own hub from an old wheel and the wheel attach flange off the hub that came with the wheel.
We'll see how it all pans out.

Attachments

• hub 5.jpg
    hub 5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 14
  • hub 6.jpg
    hub 6.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 14