• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tu-xxx

atallamcs

Donation Time
TU

Nick,
No Trophy? Well that confirms it for me, those tiger guys are everything the previous posts said and then some. We will in fact have a beer or two and cheers to the snobs with big engines.

Best,

Bill

burgy711

Donation Time
I'm so confused.... :confused: I don't know if I'm coming or going. Do I fear the Tiger owner I am or is the alter ego Alpine owner that is me too going to rise up and back over my Tiger lead foot. I am beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to be safe in my own garage. :D Sometimes I just don't know how I can sleep with myself.....;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
I'm so confused.... :confused: I don't know if I'm coming or going. Do I fear the Tiger owner I am or is the alter ego Alpine owner that is me too going to rise up and back over my Tiger lead foot. I am beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to be safe in my own garage. :D Sometimes I just don't know how I can sleep with myself.....;)

The only way to resolve this issue is to get a V6 alpine.. that way you have found a happy medium.. and both your tiger and stock alpine side can have a comon enemy, right jose? :D

Jim E

Donation Time
Have only ever had good dealings with the folks out west, one fellow sold me a set of buttons for the Tiger rear end I have under the SV. Pretty sure another fellow out that way directed me to the guy. This was a special run of parts the guy made up for Tigers and he was very nice to me and sold me a set. Fraid I do not recall who it was been a while.

Not sure I ever had a Tiger guy be mean to me or if they were I did not notice. Most likely I have made more Alpine guys mad at me than there are Tiger guys out to pee on my boots. Well once a Tiger guy got ticked at me for not running my Alpine in the slolam at the Charlston United. Had a fresh motor with only 100 miles on it the distance to the event... we still sat around and drank each others beers and told lies. I count this guy as a good friend even if he does say it is easier for him to put a V8 in an Alpine than a V6. Then he is a Mid West Tiger guy...so maybe that is the difference.

What the heck it is a Tiger club if you want to play guess you need a Tiger who cares. There is a group-that drag races Hemi cars you got to have a hemi to play with them, so my SV with the Pentastar would not get me in.

Now a group that has wizzed on my bootes is the friggin MG guys, would much rather talk stink about them, bunch of peckerheads. Oh wait there was only one PH that did that, well maybe two, but then I was drinking a MG guys beer this past weekend at a show [Porsche club put it on and they really were checking out the S3] and we were telling lies so never mind....

Jim E

Donation Time
There are nice folks all over but a PH or two can make for a bad time. Thus the WB/DB factor. What I hate is when I am tasting my own shoe leather.... especially when it is WB, not only do you look silly but it leaves a foul taste in your mouth.

My dear departed grandmother use to say "Be like Jesus and love them all." she had somethign else in mind but I am sure Tiger or MG owners could be included in a brotherly fashion.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Since my Alpine usually outhandles most Tigers I come up against in the mountains I can Understand why they wouldn't want any Alpines in the autocross but I can't believe they are so fin envious that they won't let any Alpines in the Concours.

Poor poor Tiger folk.

Eric

'62 Ser II

AND PROUD OF IT!!!!

atallamcs

Donation Time
TU and Alpines

So, how many alpines will crash the TU this year? They always let me in, as my Tiger woke them up to a new level when It first appeared. Gave me best in class and peoples choice--first time at the TU--but that was years ago. The following year my Alpine won and after that my Harrington. Surely they have that token trophy for any alpine guys showing up.

I suppose we could have Alpines United--just so happens to be the same date and location as Tigers United.

Bill

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

Because you have a beautifully turned out Tiger, you have gained credibility with them. Your cars are impecably done and that alone gets respect. I have found that if a guy owns both a Tiger and an Alpine, the bad Tiger guys will give them a pass. I'm glad you have been treated well. I wish it had always been so, but that's life.

Jose

atallamcs

Donation Time
TU

Thanks Jose,

In all honesty, I have noticed the "tiger" attitude, which I think is silly--oh well, sometimes people need to find a way to be exclusive or feel exclusive--that's why there are clubs and the like. Oh well.
Bill

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Funny how this topic comes up whenever there is a TU or TEAE event coming up.
As Jim so colorfully explained, up here we call it "Gangland psychology"
I wish more of our dear Grandmothers were around to slap the hell out of us open our eyes.
I hate wet boots.