• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trunk lock woes

beamdream

Gold Level Sponsor
FWIW, spent 2 hours today on releasing a faulty trunk lock from the inside on a Series II, what an excercise!!

Removed drivers seat (RHD), then folding panel that seperates trunk from cabin, inner lining between trunk and cabin and managed to wriggle into the boot space.

With outstretched arms, 7/16" socket on 1/4" drive rachet its possible to blindly remove the 4 bolts which secure the male part of the latch mechanism from the trunk lid and voila !! daylight.

Glad its not a later Series :)

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Access hole under frame..

I found out i had an access hole with a rubber plug underneath the lock and could open the trunk with a screw driver by prying on the little tap that sticks down at a 45 degree angle..its a bit tricky but in a pinch......

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's interesting!

A
Did a prior owner make that little method of opening the trunk?

Don't recall mine having a hole to accomplish such a feat!

Is the hole in the trunk lid? OR in the floor beneath?

Any PIC's?

Thanks,

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Under car and lock mechanism access hole...

That's interesting!

A
Did a prior owner make that little method of opening the trunk?

Don't recall mine having a hole to accomplish such a feat!

Is the hole in the trunk lid? OR in the floor beneath?

Any PIC's?

Thanks,

The hole was right in the back in the trunk under the lock mechanism...It is right behind my license plate and can be seen from the top in the trunk as well if you look past the lock mechanism..it had a rubber grommet on it so i never noticed till one day under the car working on muffler...
So look center under the lock mechanism its facing the ground...

Ill try and snap a pic of it tomorrow:eek:

Cheers