• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trivia Test

Nickodell

Donation Time
NOTICE: ONLY US CLUB MEMBERS PLEASE. NO UK, CANADA, AUS. OR NZ. (You'll understand later).

Here's the question: Is this object a) an oil drip-feed sight glass, b) a fuel pump globe, C) part of an oil lamp? And from what antique vehicle? Clue 1: think Scotland. Clue 2: 80. Answer in this thread this evening.

Dripfeed-1.jpg

skywords

Donation Time
You got me? I will have to go with a.)oil drip - feed sight glass.

But antique vehicle? I see plastic components in it. And it looks rather large.
I will check later.

Rick

Nickodell

Donation Time
Nah: glass, brass and ceramic. And it only looks big because it's close to the camera and taken with a wide-angle lens. You're wrong, but thanks for giving it a go.

Anyone else want to guess?

Here's an incentive. Get it right by 6pm and I'll send $50 to your favorite charity.

Nickodell

Donation Time
OK, here's the solution.

DSCF0429.jpg

The object in question (now shown right way up) in my home bar is a liquor dispenser familiar to denizens of English pubs (hence the quiz's restriction to US residents). Clues: The "Scotland" referred to the one I featured, which is currently dispensing McClellands Isle of Islay single malt, my personal favorite. The "80" referred to the proof.

I lied about the glass, brass and ceramic.

Happy April 1.

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
I thought with the clues--Scotland, 80--it had something to do with the DeLorean. Considering how he went down, maybe it did!

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice Bar ! What time do you want us all over !!:D We'll bring our own ice and glasses !

Tom J

Nickodell

Donation Time
The Number You Have Dialed Is No Longer In Service In Area Code 610.

No Further Information Is Available. beep. beep. beep