• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

tonnoue bracket

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Does any one have the part number for a very rare item? This 2 part option ONLY came with a factory or dealer supplied tonnoue(sp) for Alpine, I believe 2-3 and above, but not for the Tiger . The unit is in its' original fabric case, the parts are of a formed round metal and one end is shrunk down to fit in the opposing end.

They hook into the spot where the top would normally slide into in the raised position. Right behind the door. Main shape is like a hocky stick.

The purpose of these was to raise the tonnoue up for either driving with the back half still fastened or to raise the tonnoue over the seats..
Any info is greatly appreciated.
CHuck

65beam

Donation Time
weird parts

it's sounds like you're looking at a set of cantrail rods for a series 2 top.i have been around these cars since 1965 and have never seen anything like you're describing.????

Pumpkin

Donation Time
wierd parts

it's sounds like you're looking at a set of cantrail rods for a series 2 top.i have been around these cars since 1965 and have never seen anything like you're describing.????

Not cantrail rods. I have mine. But these are/were a special order that came with a tonnoue. I'll try to install a photo..:confused: Plus my dang camera has been in the shop for almost 6 mos..
They acutally fit in just before the tonnoue was closed up? IS it the A post or B post..? Definately not a parts guy.The slots that are in there, is where the rods fit.
Later.
Chuck

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I have seen something like you are describing on a Daimler Dart.They held the soft top half open.You rolled and used a snap to fasten the front half of the soft top to the middle bow.It has been so long since I have seen or heard of anything like it I had forgotten but this caused me to remember it.
I wonder if it was a special after market item.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I have a set of those, I got them off eBay several years ago. I've never used them, or cleaned them up, but plan to now that I'm finally retired. I'll look for them and take a photo.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
tonnoue

I have seen something like you are describing on a Daimler Dart.They held the soft top half open.You rolled and used a snap to fasten the front half of the soft top to the middle bow.It has been so long since I have seen or heard of anything like it I had forgotten but this caused me to remember it.
I wonder if it was a special after market item.

Thanks, Bob for that one. And I to believe it was an after market item. And that it only came as an addon to the optional tonnoue cover.

I was told that it was for the tonnoue, but could be for a half mast soft top. I have a roll bar on now and would be hard for me to re-look at it. I have had the unit for several years, and was wondering about a ?? part number and for sure use. Chuck If you can find them/it and get a photo, maybe we can look into it abit closer?
Thanks fellas
Chuck in Oregon

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Pumkin
If you go to the British car forum and look under a gathering of Morgans you will see a Morgan with the top half open.It maybe a stock item for Morgans but I don't know.Just saw it minutes ago

Pumpkin

Donation Time
tonnoue

Pumkin
If you go to the British car forum and look under a gathering of Morgans you will see a Morgan with the top half open.It maybe a stock item for Morgans but I don't know.Just saw it minutes ago

Hi, is that the britishcarforum dot com? I tried that one and came up in a different spot..?/
Chuck

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi, is that the britishcarforum dot com? I tried that one and came up in a different spot..?/
Chuck
Yes that is the site.
You have to look on the left side and find the forum heading.Click on that and the main page will show.Near the top is a bar showing headings and one is forums.Click on that and you will get the forum.