• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TONNEAU COVER/roll bar modded pics...

Duke

Donation Time
As requested -

TC1_1.JPG

TC2.JPG

TC3_1.JPG

TC4.JPG

The shop did a great job. The holes would have been closer to the roll bar size but I decided to cut the holes myself and screwed them up. Leave cutting to the professionals. I plan on taking my hardtop to these guys next week to have the new headliner installed.

I have not attempted to install the dashboard studs yet. I really love tonneau covers. It does not get any more British then driving a car in the cold night with the tonneau keeping the heat in.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

The tonneau and roll bar look good. Are you going to add a section for the steering wheel to sit down better? I also noticed something else, no stripes :eek: .

Regards, Robin.

Duke

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

The tonneau and roll bar look good. Are you going to add a section for the steering wheel to sit down better? I also noticed something else, no stripes :eek: .

Regards, Robin.

Once the studs are installed in the dash, the cover will fit much tighter. The stripes looked good but not great, I pulled them. I may have them painted on with chrome paint and then cleared over them. I just did not like the fact that they were stick on and would eventually start to peal off. I really liked the look though.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks terrific Duke. Can you tell me how much it cost? KC is a little far to drive, but I would like some idea for when I talk to upholstery shops here.

Thanks,

Duke

Donation Time
Looks terrific Duke. Can you tell me how much it cost?

The shop is Gladstone Auto Trim (see below), they charged me $125. That cost also covered repair to a boot cover that included replacing the zippers and lots of sewing to fix rips.

The owner is a big British car fan and had several Morris panel wagons in his shop.

Gladstone Auto Trim & Upholstery
6605 N Oak Trfy
Gladstone, MO 64118
Phone: (816) 468-4007

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Duke. That's a little too far from from St. Louis, but will give me an idea when I talk to local shops.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Roll bar and cover

Last year after I had installed my roll bar then had the delema with the wind and tonnoue. I had my fabric man make one up to fitt over the bar and include an screen of sort to slow down the back flow of wind. Then the wife came up with a dandy piece of plexiglass and I drilled and slotted it to allow velcro to wrap around the roll bar, thus cutting off most all wind and still allowing me to see out the back.
But I never look back :eek:
If any one wants photos let me know.
Chuck