• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tom Thomas - Pacific NW racing

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Tom Thomas sent me this picture the other day.

Tom was very active in the Pacific Northwest in the 60's. He ran an early large fin Alpine and the one you see in the attached picture.

It's a Series IV and looks fairly fresh. I am guessing this photo might be early 1964. Looks like he's in a fast sweeping turn just looking at the lean of the car.

Steve

Last edited:

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't think that is Pacific Raceways in Kent; the turn the background don't look right(might be Turn 7, that is the only one that goes left and you can have some cars behind it). There were a few Alpines racing up here but became noncompetitive in F Production so went away. SCCA should have dropped it to G or H but even that might not have saved it. I raced one in 1973 that belonged to another fellow and have been looking for it ever since. Large fin, don't know the series. Probably rusted away.