• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Together at Last

atallamcs

Donation Time
Well, the day was perfect, weather wise, so I took the Harrington out for a while and shot this picture of the race car and Harrington--interesting to see the two side by side.
Bill

socorob

Donation Time
nice photos. i see you have a rear spoiler, but cant tell from the picture if you hve a front one. Can you post a closer picture of the front?

old grumpy

Donation Time
Don't think I have seen any pictures from the under the car?
Are there any? Do we have a car lift in the neighborhood.
(demands, demands!)

atallamcs

Donation Time
Rims

Thanks,
They are Panasport, three piece wheels, racing only. 13 x 6, running hoosiers, 205 x 60--Wheels were painted to match the car.

old grumpy

Donation Time
The only wheel allowed is Minilight or Minilight-like-looking.
Under these un-written but known-to-all rules, this wheel is allowed!;)

socorob

Donation Time
Yeah but I also like torque thrusters (I think that's what they're called) like the ones that come on newer mustangs. Similar with less but bigger "spokes".

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Robbie,

The only way you can use Torque Thrust wheels, is if you change the bolt pattern to the Ford five bolt pattern. I have done that to the Alpine I´m working on, and the Torque Thrust wheels look great on it.

Jose

Yeah but I also like torque thrusters (I think that's what they're called) like the ones that come on newer mustangs. Similar with less but bigger "spokes".

socorob

Donation Time
I think those rims would look great on an alpine. Do you have the size, backspace, etc and a photo, id really like to see what they look like on the car.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Robbie,

The only way you can use Torque Thrust wheels, is if you change the bolt pattern to the Ford five bolt pattern. I have done that to the Alpine I´m working on, and the Torque Thrust wheels look great on it.

Jose

Jose: do you have a photo of this car? I'd love to see the wheels on the car.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Longer gear shift

Hi Bill,
I am not clear as to what you are referencing. The "longer gear shift?" My race car has a stock alpine shift lever and transmission. My Harrington has a short shift lever as it is a five speed and that is how it came out. My Tigers are both short shifters.
Bill

old grumpy

Donation Time

Yes, they are a "same period" item and looks OK. You have my permission to use them too.:D

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Bill,
I am not clear as to what you are referencing. The "longer gear shift?" My race car has a stock alpine shift lever and transmission. My Harrington has a short shift lever as it is a five speed and that is how it came out. My Tigers are both short shifters.
Bill

The racing Alpine has a shift lever knob on it that must be 3" long. That is what I'm refering to.

Bill