• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Todays Alpine Action AT PIR

skywords

Donation Time
Here it is hot off the press. Roger tearing it up at PIR. My camera was miss behaving but will do better tomorrow.

Jose
I saw Jim Diamond's car and WOW those are nice parts!!

Mvc-003s.jpg

Mvc-008s.jpg

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks for the compliment Skyward. Did Jim give you a ride in his Alpine? Did you get a chance to hear it run? Jim has sent me lots of pictures of his build process, so I know the quality that went into his beauty. Jim says that he is going to send me some pictures of the finished car. I can't wait!!

Jose

skywords

Donation Time
I did not get a ride but heard it run and it sounds splendid. The car is beautiful and the engine looks as if the factory put it there. Your kit and his attention to detail have produce a fine automobile.

Jim was the only street Sunbeam parked in the infield the rest of us smucks had to park in the lot. Won't be driving the Alpine tomorrow.

Jim's V-6
Mvc-016s.jpg

alpine87fp

Donation Time
Thanks for the Sunbeam Race Support

Thanks to all of you who made the effort to get to Phoenix International Raceway this past weekend. You have no idea how SPECIAL it is to know that we have a bunch of Sunbeam fans cheering us on. I wish that we could have given you a better show Saturday, but in racing we have learned to live with the cards we're dealt.The changes we made, alleviated the heating problem.

In the Sunday warm-up session we ran the full time and had no problems. Because of the Satuday issues we started at the back of the 29 car field and had worked our way up to 15th before we "ventilated" the block. Even though we blew the engine, we still finished 23rd. The little bit of fire that occured was quickly extinguished by the rapid response of the fire fighters. The paint was not harmed in any way! Yipee!!!

Jill and I hope you enjoyed being a part of our weekend and feasting on the bratwurst. It is a traditon of ours that goes back many decades. We hope to see you at another race and invite you to join us.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Roger,

Sorry to hear about the engine but is great seeing the photos of the car running. Does any of the photographers in the area post their shots of the even to a website? If so, can you post a link?

Steve

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Many Thanks to Jill and Roger for their hospitality. The fellow Sunbeamers from Yuma, Tucson, Phoenix and Reno, NV made for great company. My Sunbeam would not have gotten into the infield ( believe me I tried ) without some skullduggery and stealth, as well as a little help from Jill. It did get a lot of attention and comments for which I was pleased. To Jose: I'm still working on the final photos and tape I promised....my hardtop is almost finished...bodywork is done and awaiting the paint. Jim Dimond

R

Rick Larner

Northwest 'Pines'.

Hello!
In case anyone is in the area, the Seattle Historics on the last weekend in June, are followed the next weekend by the Portland Historics. There are usually a few Alpines there to compete. If you're in the neighborhood stop by and say hello! There is a pale green MK I that is always in the hunt, always competitive, my red #61 will be there too...although I am at the back of the pack sightseeing. There are also a couple of racing Tigers also that regularly compete with SOVREN that are very beautiful and very competitive, one of which belongs to the SOVREN competition chairman Shelby S.
Rick L.