• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

To run a tab...or not?

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Opted to make my own SIV interior panels versus purchasing, and PO was clueless as to fitment and haphazard as to making panels.

Long story short...do I need the wood tab atop the package tray side panels for a SIV (photos attached), or no wood tab and simply cover the exposed metal with vinyl where the chrome ball that attaches the soft top side panel affixes?

Example photos appreciated.

Thank you!Package Tray side panel I.jpgPackage Tray side panel II.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have an ST and a GT and I am not aware of any "wood" in either of my SIV's.

Perhaps you can better explain the purpose of wood? PIC's if any?

rayodesolalpino

Donation Time
Do I need this tab on this side wood panel...or do I lop it off and simply adhere vinyl to the metal that it would be covering. The hole is where the chrome ball goes and where the side soft top cover affixes.
IMG_3893.jpgIMG_3892.jpg

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Seeing that that is "someones" panel and not a stock factory panel it looks like someone added
that to their panel for some reason. I've never seen one like that. My SIV had stock panels in it when I
got it and there was no tab like that. The round eyelet (for lack of the correct name) that holds that end
of the side over would stick out from the side and not line up correctly. IMO, you don't need the tab.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Yea, mine never had a tab there, and my Alpine goes back to 74 in my ownership when it still had all the original, although slightly shabby, interior.