• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

title problems,help

motor man

Donation Time
i recently purchased a series 4 from calif., i live in nevada, when i went to get it inspected and titled, nev told me that calif used the wrong vin number on the title. cal used the b # for the vin and nevada says they should have used the s a l # because that is the # that england used when they manufactured the car, the same goes for jaguar. they want me to take the car back to calif and retitle it with the sal # and then they will give me a nv title. can anyone out there give me some help, on whats going on here ? steve, motorman

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve,

California did exactly the right thing and Nevada is completely wrong. I've helped a number of other guys in the past with similar titling issues and if you send me a direct email address I can probably fix you up. I have documentation that will let the Nevada DMV know what is correct and I can send you some scans sometime this weekend.

tc & gl, Mark ..... volvoguys

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
They are full of $hit. The number on the data tag is the correct serial number to use on the title. You can argue with them that the original engine serial number is also the same number. I have NEVER seen the SAL number used on any title to include Ohio, New York, Minnesota, and Tennessee (those are States where I purchased cars). It makes no sense.
Jan

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
They are full of $hit. The number on the data tag is the correct serial number to use on the title. You can argue with them that the original engine serial number is also the same number. I have NEVER seen the SAL number used on any title to include Ohio, New York, Minnesota, and Tennessee (those are States where I purchased cars). It makes no sense.
Jan

Sure glad you did not include Indiana and Minnesota.

Bill

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
They are full of pooh pooh!!

I have purchased Sunbeam's Tiger and Alpines in Colorado, Oregon, Show me State, California, Washington, Wyoming and Maryland.

Never ever seen anything but the "B" number used!!

Paul

And I forgot Kansas!!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
My SV and I have lived in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Missouri and it has always been titled with the B395 number.

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
In Georgia all you need is a bill of sale on older vehicles. Does nevada do this? If so just use the bill of sale.