• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Scoop

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
JIm, I appreciate you making this post on the Scoop. It looks like a very nice piece of work. Should work nicely on one of my Alpines with the V6.

Thanks,

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Poor marketing - he should call it a Tiger scoop and double the price!

Last edited:

Dens10

Donation Time
I did get one and have just started installing it, It is a nice piece and fits the hood real nice.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Canuck, How did you get it to blend in so well! Yours looks very nice.

The scoop I ordered came today! It is a very solid well constructed scoop, formed to fit our Alpine hoods very nicely. Now for some body work .....

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Canuck, Car looks great! I don't know how you bonded your scoop on, but I have done many over the years. I have used Marine Epoxy bonding resin. Usually from West Marine. Sand with 80-100 grit both hood and scoop. Clean with acetone before bonding. What oozes out use a putty knife to smooth edge. Sand and prime. There are some new panel adhesives that car manufacturers use that are stronger than the metal on each side but expensive and usually in caulking gun size.

canuck pride

Donation Time
I used a good epoxy and screwed it to the hood to get a close surface contact. After it was dry I took all screws out and then my body guy stepped in. I'm very happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.JPG
    IMG_3683.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3685.JPG
    IMG_3685.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3686.JPG
    IMG_3686.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3687.JPG
    IMG_3687.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3688.JPG
    IMG_3688.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3772.PNG
    IMG_3772.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3771.PNG
    IMG_3771.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 51

canuck pride

Donation Time
Thanks Dan,,, And after dropping the V6 in for the first time I'm finding that the measure for this air breather I'm using is critical for room . I still have to move engine back 1'' or so back, due to front pulley.

Attachments

• IMG_6348.JPG
    IMG_6348.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 24

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Dan,,, And after dropping the V6 in for the first time I'm finding that the measure for this air breather I'm using is critical for room . I still have to move engine back 1'' or so back, due to front pulley.

What engine mounts are you using? If you move the engine back an inch, what about header clearance between the frame and steering? Also it will effect the transmission bracket alignment too!

I do not have any clearance problems even with the "dual" pulleys for the harmonic balancer or the second water pump pulley I utilize for the A/C.

canuck pride

Donation Time
I'm using Joes mounts, I have room to move back but the front pulley will be close. Is your pulleys a stock part? I'll need to modify my engine mounts some how.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Canuck.. Thats a HUGE air filter and housing... Why so large? If you want more volume but better fit under the bonnet maybe try an oval filter and mount it north/south so it runs inline with the scoop?

canuck pride

Donation Time
I picked this housing up at a local swap meet. Bought the filter for the tallest measurement . I haven't been working on the project as fast as I would like. Might change it up once the engine and drive line are all buttoned up . Just wanted a cover over the hole for the long brakes. LOL