• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger #s

mototron

Donation Time
Hi All,
I have this Tiger for sale , and every body want to know if its the original drive train
Here all the #s i can Find , All help and information Appreciated

engine block cast # c40e 6015 - 5G20 // stamp on top 5k14
trans hehe 017188
rear m65 5169

body b382002097 lrxfe 7393 b19kc

can some one verify this is correct for this Tiger

Thanks
Rock

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
It looks like the rear end has been changed, cars 2 or 3 #s away all have rear end #s that start with 66. you need to take the starter out to get the casting date on the engine. Tranny looks right.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
My $.02

The numbers look close enough to be original.

But there are those that have access to the Original Jensen ledgers that could confirm the numbers.

Rick at SS may have that info handy.

Of course, engines can only be disqualified by casting/Build assemble dates.

BTW, there should be a letter after the block number 6015, it would be B, D or Most likely E.

DW

Last edited:

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I got my info from Book of Norman, which has a lot of "hidden" #s to discourage fraud. The engine casting puts it at July 20 '65. There are however enough #s shown to get a sense of the #s around a certain time frame.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Does anyone know how Norman is doing? Is he still answering questions like this?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Several have followed to the UK to get ledger information. I email a STOC guy who's also a trustee at RACT there's also a few locals. Ron Fraser from the email list and TEAE is a engine study type. Once the block has been decked the in range becomes less reliable. Not having the revision number from the casting date is impossible. As for BoN listing all the found cars as well as the unclaimed cars still made it easy to create a car from either list in a clone. I have had some contact with Norm but it's been several months.

mototron

Donation Time
full casting # c40e 6015E
The car is Tac Verified

Attachments

• 175842014_10219329805744940_5591369164394287236_n - Copy.jpg
    175842014_10219329805744940_5591369164394287236_n - Copy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Does the engine number stamped on the sticker on the valve cover match the one on the chassis plate?
Having the TAC is a huge plus.
And thanks for upgrading to the Diamond level!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Please note that while several TAC inspector types may have a copy of the Jensen Ledger's they may only note those things in their private comments on a car. Been a while but I'm thinking that the E revision is a 260 block.. I can't remember what my favorite online web page was Mustangtek for those numbers. We should pick this conversation up offline.