• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Rollbar

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
sunbeam rollbar 001.JPG sunbeam rollbar 001.JPG sunbeam rollbar 003.JPG sunbeam rollbar 001.JPG sunbeam rollbar 003.JPG I just picked up a rollbar along with a late series hardtop and was told it was for a Tiger and was a LAT issue but I doubt it. It doesn't seem to fit right on the rear shelf and though it clears the 3 metal doors it's too narrow and doesn't fit close enough to the B-pillar in my opinion. Could anyone ID this rollbar for me? ...

Thanks ..... David

Attachments

• sunbeam rollbar 004.JPG
    sunbeam rollbar 004.JPG
    559 KB · Views: 12

alpine_64

Donation Time
There was no LAT roll bar. As for this looks like a few ive seen in cars .. Nit much use as roll protection and probably narrow to allow hinged softtop panels to open

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
CAT club one in the 80's was an Autopower product but many made their own. Show bar is more accurate with real roll bars having a forward sloping bar intruding into passenger area.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Thanks guys! ... It must be for looks alone ... just wanted to ID it .. It fits just okay, but doesn't allow for the full opening of the 3 covers for the softtop. It came with a hardtop I bought so I didn't want to haggle over it as a got a great deal on the top. Any leads for a rollbar that is functionally right and clears those 3 metal soft top covers?

... Thanks again, David

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Everyone I know with bars and tin bin covers removes them to put top up or down. Most reinstall them immediately after opening or closing top.

Last edited: