1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Tiger project

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale' started by Warren, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Warren

Warren Silver Level Sponsor

1966 , Mk1a , 106 color code one gallon of pro matched paint. VIN 2526
    No rust mostly all primer. Some Bondo and some body work flaws not great repairs disclosed in person. TAC can be condition of sale. Checked by a senior inspector prior to my purchase. Blue plate car non op . Rolling complete car.
    Includes.
    Low mileage 289 5 bolt out of a 1963 Ford Fairlane with matching iron heads with nice port work done. Heads are currently off the motor, and with Dan W. Shows about 15,000 miles. Comes with non hydraulic lifters and replacement comp cam and lifters . New Holley carb F4b.
    2 distributor to choose from.
    Top loader rebuilt by Craig Connelly from Paradise wheels.
    Wide ratio with lower first gear.
    2.72 gear set near NOS.
    2.88 installed. Rear axle in good shape with no excessive axle end play. Older Konis front and rear. Stock front end and rack.
    Stock steering wheel wood in great shape and hub could use some attention. All gauges reconditioned by Nisonger in the box, 1500 cost. New wiring harness in box. Almost all of upholstery from SS. Carpets are older but in decent shape for a driver. Top frame is barebones but in good shape. Hardtop is rust free and a bare shell some rubber and new windows. Chrome on hardtop parts is good for a driver, chrome bumpers are basically core bumpers. Screen and glass and garnish original good condition.
    Of course it comes with new AC air cleaner housing. Decent driver quality seats. Rolling on 4 Alpine wheels and old tires.

Please reply by email option after clicking on my name.
    If you are not a member please look at Craigslist LA and respond there on any of my ads 4 Sunbeam Tiger air cleaners etc.

I'm selling as I've one Tiger too many and working on a move.
    Walters has told me that he would do a P.P.I. on request.
    I will disclose all pertinent information on the car. Prefer a local sale but can do some pictures . I'd consider a trade for a nice tow vehicle in the low 20's

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

Pictures?

3. Warren

It looks like a car in primer. I prefer a local sale with eyes on to see all her beauty marks and warts alike. It is not my intention to sell a car through an online hunt and peck forum posting. If anyone is interested please send contact info.

4. loose_electron

loose_electron Gold Level Sponsor

Then the next question becomes - Where is the car located?

5. Warren

Torrance in So. Cal. If I get a PM with a phone number I can tell how many warts almost exactly ;)

6. Warren

I'm ready to deal on this project. I'm not ready to plaster the photos online. The car is tightly wrapped and all in primer. I will be building a hosting picture site. It'd take me a week to dig everything out. Please send number and we can discuss the details. Lowered asking to 20000 not a lot of latitude down from there as that's near my acquisition cost.