• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger pinion bearings

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I need to replace the pinion bearings on my '66 MK1A

any suggestions regarding sources and bearing manufacturer and number would be appreciated.

Pete

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
bearings

Its a Dana 44, Probably any brg. house Last stuff I bought was from Ryder Racing in Detroit a Master rebuild kit has all the s... you'll need. or your
local off road shop.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Its a Dana 44, Probably any brg. house Last stuff I bought was from Ryder Racing in Detroit a Master rebuild kit has all the s... you'll need. or your
local off road shop.

Thanks to Tom Hall for the following info:

Outer pinion cup 02820
Outer pinion cone 02872
inner pinion cup 31520
inner pinion cone 31593

These are available at most parts houses - Napa, Advance, Rock Auto, etc.
for reasonable prices.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Dennis

Noisy rear end. With the car up on jack stands, in gear with the engine running we located the noise - not a wheel bearing or a carrier bearing - coming from the housing - checked the pinion nut and it was tight and properly torqued. After listening and isolating the noise best determination is a worn/bad pinion bearing.

It has been noisy for some time now - just getting worse and it is time to fix it.