• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger on Craigsllist in Phila

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Saw this on CL tonight... seems a bit squiffy to me, but despite having owned one, I wouldn't say I'm a Tiger expert.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/d/easton-sunbeam-tiger-1966/6926772658.html

00r0r_hNeRxc8soks_1200x900.jpg

00303_igz2qsJQuEg_1200x900.jpg

00909_hTDXSqg5hEM_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_4jqtwIvqaSh_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_5rJ1LKGCzuB_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_jmed4jjlnuD_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_izPG6EZPsx4_1200x900.jpg

00909_er748SW4aYo_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Nice job posting and saving the pictures here.
Now I need to look up squiffy;)
I just got another, and I'll be selling my bigger project car.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Urban Dictionary:

squiffy
Awkward, wrong, lopsided, ruffled or strangely different.

Something imagined or not real.

alpine_64

Donation Time
You'd need to view in person. The jacked up rear ride height is odd.. " matching numbers" ... We talking diff and trans.... ?

The car looks familar from a while back. ... Maybe its the screws in the VIN tag.

Also the seller didn't seem to know or bother to fold the soft top correctly .. And the " new dash" apparently didnt need the lower dash roll .... Or even warrant a proper interior photo.

Given the lack of info you'd have to inspect.. And at 52k its certainly stong money for this car

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The back driver's side wheel looks smaller than the front.
A tire shop did the same thing to my staggered set once putting the fronts on the rear. Not a bad looking car with exception of the screws holding VIN down. I got another. The number tracks to PA back 22 or 25 years and on registry but all that means is the numbers go with the screwed on tag.
Good shots of the car for an eBay ad.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I was looking at things like the dodgy frame pass-throughs, the odd position of the side chrome to the rear wing badges, etc. It all just seems a bit “off” to me. And you’re right, it’s strong money for something that isn’t really sorted.