• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger clone in Portland, Oregon

alpine_64

Donation Time
I thought the car was really nice.. I was surprised they put an Auto in it.. a 5 speed would be nice... the only thing that raised my concern was the front ride height especially with those 16" wheels. Also they say the battery is in the stock alpine location (which gives the car a nice big boot) but wonder how they routed the RHS exhaust?

65beam

Donation Time
tiger

Michael,
go to the ebay add and check out the photo showing the exhaust. looks pretty simple to me.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would assume the car will sell well.. it certainly deserves to from the photos.

It has most of the original Tiger bits in it but they have done the decent and honest thing and maintained the VIN of the car that things were transplanted into.. not used the donor cars identity. In this case you get all the advantages of a Tiger (but a better boot) and if you modify it more nobody can tell you off for chopping an original... I wouldn't mind this as a club car.. throw a 5 speed in it.. and drive it, drive it, drive it!

philt

Donation Time
Tiger Clone in Portland

A handsome job. The only reservation might be the auto tranny. Bidding is already north of 15k and 5 days remaining. I probably have enough roadsters but this one is very appealing. Guessing it will sell over 25k. Maybe a close as I can get to a Tiger for under 45k.
Good luck to all for a clean, no drama sale.
Phil
04 Mazda speed Miata
04 Jaguar STR
Lotus Elan +2
a couple of drivers

alpine_64

Donation Time
Maybe a close as I can get to a Tiger for under 45k.

You can easily geta running Tiger for under 45K... indeed.. with some hard searching yo can get really great cars for the 30K mark...

there is a green MKIA on ebay that the seller bought for 28K a few months back.. has done some minor cosmetics and is now getting over 50 for with bidding continuing...

if you want a Tiger join CAT, STOA and keep your eyes and ears open.. and let people know what you are looking for.

jimfai

Donation Time
clone

i like it except for the c4, having had a couple brit cars with conversions using the c4 i know it is not good for highway cruising. he would be much better off using the a4od that has the overdrive 4 gear and not just the 3 that the c4 has. but it makes me think my alger is worth more than i thought especially after all the work i have put into it.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
jimfai, I have one of the C4OD's I think. It came out of a 79 Mercury Capri that I took the 2.8 V6 engine for Conversion.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Amazing. It sold for $25k on eBay, the most I've heard of any clone ever going for, and the new owner's going to try to flip it immediately at auction.

This'll be an interesting auction.