• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Battery Cable Routing Diagram

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
It seems, according to my mechanic, the battery cable in my Tiger needs replacing. Can anyone who has replaced this cable tell me how the cable is routed through the car from the trunk to the starter? Is there a routing diagram available online that shows where the cable goes? Thanks for any help.

Rick

mikephillips

Donation Time
I've never noticed a diagram. But with the battery in the trunk there should be a round hole in the panel covering the r/h (as you face forward) gas tank. The cable goes through there, up over the wheel well and comes out from a hole down by the floor where the floor, well and inner rocker come together. It then runs through some clips along the inner rocker to the footwell where there should be a hole in the firewall to the outside of the solenoid, it goes through there and connects.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've never noticed a diagram. But with the battery in the trunk there should be a round hole in the panel covering the r/h (as you face forward) gas tank. The cable goes through there, up over the wheel well and comes out from a hole down by the floor where the floor, well and inner rocker come together. It then runs through some clips along the inner rocker to the footwell where there should be a hole in the firewall to the outside of the solenoid, it goes through there and connects.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your input.

Rick

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I can take some pictures this weekend but certainly don't want to post them online.