• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Auto heading out of business

mikephillips

Donation Time
Guys, as some of you may know Dog Jennings at Tiger Auto in Dayton Ohio is headed into retirement and closing the shop. I was just up there picking up some stuff and there's still good stuff waiting for new homes. I saw at least 3 late hardtop shells waiting for restoration. He may even have the trim bits lying around. Lots of usable sheet metal, some of it odds and ends of NOS. Plus lots of Tiger mechanical bits, transmissions, engines for bit Alpines and Tigers and lots of just stuff. He needs to be out in 30 days and I think you can make offers for much of it to keep things from ending up scrapped. I'd get more but I already have a garage full of parts along with the cars. He can be reached at 937-252-3317. Give him a try if there's stuff you've been looking for.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Rootes Sign

Did make it out to Tiger Auto to see what was left. Quite a collection of bits. Doug had a Rootes sign that was in need of repair. According to Doug it Fell Off the wall when he was in The Hospital in 08. A bit of epoxy and new light got it back together.

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpg
    IMG_1838.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 22

65beam

Donation Time
tiger auto

Al,
That sign has probably been in the shop since he moved there 20 something years ago. I can't remember if it was in the old shop. I'm going to try to stop tomorrow since I'll be in Cincinnati. I'll let you know where my car ended up.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Did make it out to Tiger Auto to see what was left. Quite a collection of bits. Doug had a Rootes sign that was in need of repair. According to Doug it Fell Off the wall when he was in The Hospital in 08. A bit of epoxy and new light got it back together.
What a great buy... Awesome garage memorabilia

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Al,
That sign has probably been in the shop since he moved there 20 something years ago. I can't remember if it was in the old shop. I'm going to try to stop tomorrow since I'll be in Cincinnati. I'll let you know where my car ended up.

Bob- Doug had claimed that You and someone else was in the shop when it just fell off the wall in 08'. He thought it was omen. Got it secured to the point where I don't think it would repeat. Wish I could have gotten down there to pickup your parts car, it would store in Wisc just fine. I will become officially old in 18' and can do more traveling
-Al

65beam

Donation Time
Bob- Doug had claimed that You and someone else was in the shop when it just fell off the wall in 08'. He thought it was omen. Got it secured to the point where I don't think it would repeat. Wish I could have gotten down there to pickup your parts car, it would store in Wisc just fine. I will become officially old in 18' and can do more traveling
-Al

Al,
Your mistake! We'll blame it on Eric.