• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger and Alpine misc.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Misc stuff to sell.
New in box dash pad.
New in box soft top unknown mfg. 100 bucks.
Several rubber hard top gaskets and parts please ask.
Real with patina AC filter housing as pictured but original 350
AC filter housing 425 as original
Windshield frames 200
Some 2 bbl manifold and parts. 550
Rust free hard top complete also with rear trim and a few rubber pieces, plus new rear window. 1750.
The top was originally black and had a respray to white. Let's talk I'm a serial Sunbeam collector and need the space for other projects.
Please also check the user other ads . Sort of a garage sale going on here knee problems also pushing sale of fun toys Schwinn Tiger middle weight bike and Schwinn Sting-Ray, 64 Ford Falcon 6 cyl convt. and more coming. Ad link posted so non members of SAOCA can reply .

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/d/fallbrook-1965-sunbeam-alpine/6938191489.html
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/d/torrance-vintage-schwinn-tiger/6943512917.html
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/d/torrance-sunbeam-tiger-ac-housings/6938191876.html
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/d/torrance-sunbeam-tiger-parts-hard-top/6938192716.html

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Shame you’re in LA. I’d like to buy your hard top but it would be a pain to ship.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Kevin, warren will put it on a pallet, a rust free straight top at that price is worrh some shipping hastle.

65beam

Donation Time
A few years back the freight charge for shipping a hard top by common carrier from the west coast to Ohio was over $400.00. The pallet had a plywood box built around it to protect the top. Shipping the top by truck freight on an open pallet would probably result in a lot of unwanted damage.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I probably would not have shipped a hardtop on an open palette. Rather I would sandwich it between two pallets with sides. It's up to the shipper, but I have sent doors and windshield frames and other things to England simply by taking them to the shipper who took care of everything.
You get what you pay for. I've bought a lot of things they got shipped by United Parcel Smashers and FedEx that looked like on arrival they were on the plane from the movie castaway.

Hard tops are available for $500 to $700 pretty easily but you don't get a lot of clean straight metal on those tops plus you don't get the complete top the rear window trim the part that hold the headliner in the front the headliner bows and all of the hardware. The hardware is in driver condition and everyone knows you can spend way more on the chrome parts then the whole damn hardtop, that's why some nice chrome pieces sell for what they do on eBay. although taking pictures of chrome parts on eBay is like taking pictures of anything for sale they always look better in pictures. If you're not from Southern California, a hardtop is a really needed item. I have 3 now and I only have one raincoat and one set of foul weather gear for when I go sailing.

The soft-top is black it has some very slight water stain looking spots that don't come off.
It is a JC Whitney item and I'd be happy with a hundred bucks for it.

I also have a set of project traction bars weld on and bolt on . I'm putting things together here and I will be responding to the private messages that I have received. If you are interested please send your phone number and I'll call you back or text you pictures of whatever you want.

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_092246.jpg
    IMG_20190709_092246.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190709_094852.jpg
    IMG_20190709_094852.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 60

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dash pad and shocks the rear say made by Gabriel and both probably came from JC Whitney. The fronts are Sears and the box was un opened until today. I'm not sure they'll fit an Alpine but the fellow said he had an Alpine as well.
Things are what they are. Look at the pictures ask questions and we'll talk about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_121450.jpg
    IMG_20190709_121450.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190709_122228.jpg
    IMG_20190709_122228.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 74

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Warren, I sent you a PM on theDash Pad (s) previously. Thanks for the PIC !

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks Dan after a lifetime in sales I can still spell customer service. These parts came with a really nice car that fell into the hands of a let's say frugal person. It seems they were purchased form J.C. Whitney which a crap shoot on overall quality and of course the miracle water injector for increased fuel mileage, and engine rebuild pills to stop smoking etc. Luckily Jack Benny only had car running for 500 miles. He gave up when the 87 smog rules required a NOX device. I could go back and get the water injection system as a gag gift and classic automotive snake oil memorabilia :)

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The upper picture would work on the rear they are the same as F100 Ford pickup, the smaller shocks would work but you would have to cut the metal bushing flush with the rubber bush in the lower half of the shock.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I believe everything is spoken for some things twice, things going to those first in line and those who kept the line of communication active. The hard top is still available as the prospect I have has several rusty hard tops with lots of good parts but no clean shell. Same story different Sunbeam owner. I had to go thru 7 tops each time getting a better one and selling off the lesser rust lightened model. renewed ad below

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/d/torrance-sunbeam-tiger-parts-hard-top/6932286902.html

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Revised ad and updated links for individual items.
Added items today
Rear lic. plate light.
Steering knuckle Tiger.
Project late MK1a roller 106 car 289 5 bolt w/r trans pro built, 2.72 gears in pile. Hard top , 14 Pannasports old tires, older Konis at 4 corners. I could go on and on and will. Seeking local buyer as several 1000 could be spent hauling a non running car. Shell has no rust but has has body work and there is some un repaired damage. Everything will be pointed out. Car has not been TACed but can be arranged. When I bought this M. McCluskey a local senior inspector gave it his blessing. Priced in the low low 20's to move. I'm looking for a nice tow vehicle . Located in 90277

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Misc stuff to sell. Plus free
New in box dash pad.
Rear end out of an automatic car backing plate to backing plate FREE in 92028

Real with patina AC filter housing as pictured but original 350
AC filter housing 425 as original
Windshield frames 200
Some 2 bbl manifold and parts. 550
Rust free hard top complete also with rear trim and a few rubber pieces, plus new rear window. 1750.
Door and window regulators
dash parts
Tiger generators with brackets and correct pulleys
Core bumpers

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Soft top worked out well Warren - thanks. As you mentioned, it's J.C. Whitney from 1986 as indicated by the original postage on the box. It fits pretty well and should work just fine for those occasions when needed.

Attachments

• 20200627_155958.jpg
    20200627_155958.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 44

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Practice makes perfect. I know an owner who put one on his car himself. His first try he used a brand new canvas one and cut it too short.