• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Throttle Stuck on my V6

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Kelly, I know you have heard some of the old sayings about some cars...One being: "If it don't run Chrome it"...

Well it is for certain you do not need any chrome! That is one more fabulous Vehicle!

Best of Wishes;)

kmathis

Donation Time
Nick; I promise, I promise!:)

Dan: The idea of having a garage queen, isn't very satisfying...and I wasn't totally sure that the cam was going to change anything, luckily it worked out. Stick with the tried and true.:D

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Lookin really good under the hood there, really tidy. But I think you should paint those throttle return springs red just as a reminder of how much grief one little oversight can cause :(.
Oh wait...maybe you don't want a reminder.
Looking forward to getting over there to check it out in person.

pcmenten

Donation Time
That's a thing of beauty. Very nice work, Kelly. All the hoses are clamped, all the wires dressed nicely. Amazing attention to detail.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The pictures, although nice, don't do this car justice. You really need to see it in person.

kmathis

Donation Time
Lookin really good under the hood there, really tidy. But I think you should paint those throttle return springs red just as a reminder of how much grief one little oversight can cause :(.
Oh wait...maybe you don't want a reminder.
Looking forward to getting over there to check it out in person.

That's pretty funny, Chuck. I may do that, I thought the whole double return spring apparatus, was a bit of over kill, but after all of this, I thought it was needed.

I am adding an electronic rev limiter too, just in case I get carried away.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

It is all you say and more, but the best part of this special Alpine, is that Kelly is going to drive it. It will not be a garage queen. Cudos to Kelly for that.

Jose

The pictures, although nice, don't do this car justice. You really need to see it in person.