• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

throttle linkage

conanhomer

Donation Time
I finally got the engine and tranny installed! now the fun starts. I'm starting to hook everything up, and have been looking at the throttle, so here I am seeking advice (again). I would appreciate any links or pictures or diagrams you guys can send my way. thanks in advance, Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

The easiest way to hook up your throttle, is to buy a throttle cable kit at your local parts store, and hook it up. They are simple to hook up and are relatively cheap. About $25.00 or so.

Jose

I finally got the engine and tranny installed! now the fun starts. I'm starting to hook everything up, and have been looking at the throttle, so here I am seeking advice (again). I would appreciate any links or pictures or diagrams you guys can send my way. thanks in advance, Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Sure will. What I suggest is cutting the bent rod that goes through the firewall, where it begins to bend forward, so you now have a straight piece of rod, then grind a flat on either side of the rod opposite each other, then drill a hole in it so you can hook up the cable from the kit. The rod is the last part of the stock linkage, so you can still use the stock gas pedal. When you get under the dash, you´ll see that the bent rodcan be removed and worked over then put back. You can also adjust the pòsition of the rod so you can adjust the height of the pedal from the floor.

Jose

Jose: will the cable work with the stock pedal and a Holley 390 CFM on Off manifold?

conanhomer

Donation Time
thank you

Thanks Jose: you cleared up a lot of things I was confused about. I just ordered a Mr Gasket cable kit, now that I know how to proceed.Mike