• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Clashing of Two Diseases

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Being influenced by global developments and abandoning a trip to visit Australian friends in January I redirected the travel itch towards Europe. This would be the dream trek any car enthusiast would champion. Devoting hours into mapping out a four week journey in Europe dedicated to automobile adventures. The daily efforts signal the brain to fantasize about the unity of reality with a passion. To envision celebrating the vehicle zeal with friends. To lust after the potential for finding a rare part at a UK spares meet or explore new vehicles walking through a museum. It is as if my mind is afflicted with some gratification plague. A demonic need to explore the unknown with prior knowledge. Enter an ugly organism with no alignment to the adaptability of human beings. A virus that exploits its stealth movements annihilating the expected order of daily life. Removing even the basic potency of human desire.

The chasm that has been placed between all of us will not be forever. Our mechanical passions will not be tempered by a rogue enemy. We will overcome this insidious set of circumstances and prevail as a collective group raising each others spirit with every mechanical victory we accomplish. May we all stay the course to reach for our vision. I will meet with my friends around the World in due time. We will all enjoy each others company and share the many thoughts and adventures in our world of vehicles.

Last edited: