• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Thanks Vets

Pumpkin

Donation Time
On this day the 11th of November is a day we should all take into consideration .

But, not to with hold our thanks for all the men and women that have given their time and sacrificed so much for our country every day of our free lives . And their families that have lost so many.

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in the cause and those of us that are out of uniform , but still have it in our hearts to say, I CARE.

Chuck

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
On this day the 11th of November is a day we should all take into consideration .

But, not to with hold our thanks for all the men and women that have given their time and sacrificed so much for our country every day of our free lives . And their families that have lost so many.

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in the cause and those of us that are out of uniform , but still have it in our hearts to say, I CARE.

Chuck

Yes, Thank you VETS, for all you do and all you've done.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
How can I express exactly how much I appreciate every vets service, and especially those who gave their all. I will never forget them.

These people have made it possible for me to have a free life and enabled me to have a wonderful life, and be able to achieve everything I have achieved.

Thank you, thank you.

Jose

Pumpkin

Donation Time
If you include ex-foreign (but NATO) service vets, thanks for the appreciation.

Yes I did neglect , but not un-thankfully . I, at this time and at Memorial Day get a little too?, patriotic, and feel all so close to my self.

No, I thank every one, I did leave out the Brits, and Canucks. Not on purpose. For that I am sorry.
Chuck

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I was walking thru a Mall today and saw a man walking towards me wearing a golf shirt with "USMC Viet Nam 1968-1970" embroidered on it. I stopped him and thanked him for his service.

He looked shocked.

(For the uninitiated....USMC stands for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
He looked shocked.

(For the uninitiated....USMC stands for Uncle Sam's Misguided Children)

Why wouldn't he? When he got home from Viet Nam, he was (generically) accused of being a baby killer. Sometimes it takes a while to acclimate to the new environment.

Bill

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Chuck for the post.

Spec 4
85th Artillery Group
Pershing Missile our motto "Close is good enough"

Nickodell

Donation Time
Yes I did neglect , but not un-thankfully . I, at this time and at Memorial Day get a little too?, patriotic, and feel all so close to my self.

No, I thank every one, I did leave out the Brits, and Canucks. Not on purpose. For that I am sorry.
Chuck

No apologies necessary. I assumed that you included anyone who is a US citizen and had been on active duty for one of the "good guys" in the past.