• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Technial Info.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've never been able to get them to work. But I know my computer is out to get me.

Bill

Not working for me either. And the HTML behind the page has no links coded into it, so there's nothing broken - it just isn't there at all.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Article

Hi Guys,

What is not working for you? Can I help?

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

I see what you are talking about....I don't think we have ever set this up with the new web site. The problem with showing the colour samples would be that each scan is sure to be less than 100%.

Is this important to you guys?

Andrew

buckalpine3

Donation Time
Technical

Andrew,
I would sure like to match the paint of a Sunbeam pictured on the web or live with a color code. Not having a long history with the cars, I am unfamiliar with many of the more uncommon colors. In conclusion I am not sure if the additional work you must do warrants my selfish interests, but I would appreciate it. Thanks
Dave

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Dave,

It would be possible to do this but the colour that you see on your computer screen will not be an exact match. The colour that you require to paint the car for a match is not the same. The colour published will only give you an idea to what the colour should look like???? As stated in the past, the scan of the colour, what your screen shows or even what you print from a screen shot will not be a correct match.

I will track down the colours and see how they look after I make the scans. I then need to match the colours with each link. Please know that this all takes time.

As soon as I have a chance to do this work, you will receive a PM from me.

Regards,
Andrew

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
They wouldn't be perfect, but they would give people an idea and would be especially useful for someone just starting out.

Here's a thought: Jan sells color samples. Maybe you could work with Jan to set up a page on the site where people could view the samples and order them from him. I would think that would be a benefit to the community and to Jan.

ceecpa

Donation Time
I would like to see them. We're preparing to restore our '67 Alpine and we'd like to use an original color. All computers are different and all eyes are different, too. Perhaps you could also scan in a common color so that users could see the comparative differences. What's a common color you ask? Well, I think it should be a red. Perhaps a GM color or a Honda color.

RootesRich

Donation Time
I see what you are talking about....I don't think we have ever set this up with the new web site. The problem with showing the colour samples would be that each scan is sure to be less than 100%.

Andrew,
IIRC, we never transferred this info over from the original site. Ian may still have it.
It was a general idea of the factory color shades with a disclaimer NOT to use them to mix paint, but a good representation for those like me who bought a car without knowing the original color code and wanted to identify the difference between #39 and #122. In my case the representation was close enough for me to determine my '67 was originally #122.

Talk to you soon my friend,