• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tech tips

Pumpkin

Donation Time
A while back I quried the board about a tech tip section, hoping to see some real neat ideas.. So far no one has figured out what a tech tip is or how to submit one evidently.
My reason for the section was if some one came up(example) with a way to make a new blanket hanger for thier roll bar they could post it. So far no one.

Now many have put in questions and new ramblings on about other things.

I am about to start to make a trailer hitch for an Alpine. And will post drawings on how you can do it your self. Remember if a Harrington can, an Alpine can and most certainly a over powered Tiger can.
Any one intrested?
Chuck in Portland

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I think the reason for the lack of activity so far on the Tech Tip section is that many of the posts to the other SAOC sections are already informal 'tech tips', offered in reply to specific questions. It's easier in this medium to write a short, targeted reply to help someone with an immediate question than it is to start with a blank slate and write what usually turns out to be a more broad, formal, and longer tech tip that you hope will find an audience before it cycles off the first page and becomes just another 'searchable' item. And most tech tip offerings are just an opening salvo anyway. Most are improved upon in some way(s) after all the usual give-and-take.

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Trailer hitch design drawings

[I am about to start to make a trailer hitch for an Alpine. And will post drawings on how you can do it your self. Remember if a Harrington can, an Alpine can and most certainly a over powered Tiger can.
Any one intrested?
Chuck in Portland[/QUOTE]

Hi Chick:
How did you make our the the trailer hitch design?
I have been trying to find an article written by Andy Goldsmith without any luck. I see that in a post not he had written a detailed design with drawings in "The Alpine Guide" #024" it may be as far back as 1984.
Regards,
Andrew

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Andrew;11637I have been trying to find an article written by Andy Goldsmith without any luck. I see that in a post not he had written a detailed design with drawings in "The Alpine Guide" #024" it may be as far back as 1984. Regards said:
Andrew, I have a few copies of "The Alpine Guide", within there are at least 2 different articles and drawings of trailer hitches. I will bring them (the 2 extra) to the Invasion for purchase or to retrieve the info wanted.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Jeff:
That would be great.
I look forward to the Invasion.
Andrew