• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

tech sessions

mikephillips

Donation Time
For my tech session.
Since we didn't come up with any specific requests other than the V6 conversion, what I'll be covering is more of a general what I've learned over 36 years type session. Covering where to find rust, rewiring/electrical, brakes, hardtops, softtops and fitting, wire wheels, and so on. If you have any specific questions you'd like to hear about, let me know.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I mentioned this before, but I would love to see one or more sessions on body work. And my Alpine will be sporting a nice dent on top of the left rear quarter panel from where a 2x4 fell on it during the winter. I will be more than happy to volunteer it as a subject if someone would like to to a tech session on the proper way to hammer out dents. :D

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
For my tech session.
Since we didn't come up with any specific requests other than the V6 conversion, what I'll be covering is more of a general what I've learned over 36 years type session. Covering where to find rust, rewiring/electrical, brakes, hardtops, softtops and fitting, wire wheels, and so on. If you have any specific questions you'd like to hear about, let me know.

Yes, yes... I have a new soft top in the box, I guess I will be bringing that to the Invasion. We can at least do a dry run install :)

You can point out all of the normal Alpine rust spots on our car as well. And point out the wire wheel clunk, and...

Geez, I hope we make it.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

Eric asked me if I would do a tech session on the V6 conversion, and I said I would. After thinking about that for a few days, I came to the conclusion that most of you have read everything I think and believe about the conversion. I thought that you guys would rather hear from the guys that have done the conversion, or bought one from someone else. I have asked most of the guys that own one, to give a testimonial on what their experiences have been with their Alpines. How they liked them. Where they disappointed, or were they crazy about their Alpine.

I am looking forward to hearing some interesting stories and get a better insight to what their Alpines mean to them. I will make some opening comments, then the guys will talk. I will answer any questions you may have, and also some of the guys can tell how they solved one problem or other. I know you'll enjoy hearing the stories of their adventures.

The tech session will be at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, so come prepared to have a good time. If I missed communicating with any V6'er about this, please feel free to join in anyway. You are welcome.

Jose

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jose,

I'll bring my Series V shell and you could demo the entire conversion. :rolleyes:

Just kidding.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

If my health were better and we had a well equipped shop, I would have the engine and trabsmission installed in about the same time it took the guys a few years ago swap out a members dead player and install the new one. It is doable in the length of time we have for the Invasion, but I'm not able to do much anymore.

Jose

p.s. I really wish I could help you get it done.

Jose,

I'll bring my Series V shell and you could demo the entire conversion. :rolleyes:

Just kidding.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
If anyone that knows how to install the windscreen drip strips and the "A" post weatherstripings would like to demonstrate this, I will bring all the parts and tools to do so. Not sure how these parts go together, it looks like the weatherstriping is to long.

Sam

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Is it possible to video tape the tech sessions and mail me the tapes? I can capture and post them on our club site as in the past.

Regards,
Andrew