• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Team Alpine 2006 Photos

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Hi Folks,

For those who are interested in viewing the photos from the Team Alpine 2006 Cross-Canada drive and Targa Newfoundland race... here you are http://www.sunbeamcanada.org/team_alpine.htm

Enjoy.

I should have the articles finished soon and may post more images.

And finally. Targa Newfoundland 2006 program will air on Saturday 27 January 2007 at 9:00 pm on Global TV (Canada) Consult your local listing.

All the best in 2007.

A

AlpineIan

Great pictures... wow... that really looks like fun. I'll bet you had a real blast!

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Targa 2008

Hi Ohan:
It was good to see your photos! I wish that I could have met up with you along the way through Ontario. Again, if I can be of any help to you for the 2008 Targa, please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Andrew
R.A.M. Design

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
I can't say enough good things about Targa.... It's the next best thing to being at the European rallies of the 50's & 60's. I am looking forward to the 2008 race. The current project is slowly picking up momentum.

I'M PUTTING THIS SUGGESTION OUT THERE...
If anyone is interested in entering their Sunbeam in the 2008 race, please let me know. I would like to see a Rootes Team in 2008. Just imagine a group of us Sunbeamers at this race. It sure would make for an intersting story given the history of Sunbeams and rallies, not to mention the FUN. I know that a Tiger had entered in 2002 but went off road and didn't finish the race. My Alpine has set the benchmark as the first Sunbeam to finish this race so I lay down my challenge :) .
check out the Targa site http://www.targanewfoundland.com/

I know there are many Sunbeam Racers out there and I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has Rally Raced them.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Ohan,

I bet you can't wait until 2008, I would still have a huge grin on my face after an event like that. For the up and coming 2008 Targa, will there be any 'Team Alpine' T-shirts or memorabilia? Seeing as this is going to a very worthy cause, do you think people would be interested in this idea with some of the proceeds going to the foundation? Just an idea.

Regards, Robin.

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Hi Robin,

Grin?...You bet...:D

I am finalizing the "thank you" packages to our sponsors and hoping they are on board for 2008. Now that I have laid the foundation from 2006, perhaps now I can get major supportors.

The Memorabilia concept is a great idea. I would have to canvass the list to see if there is any interst. I am planning on making "Sunbeam Canada" grill badges. Perhaps that would be a start.

I am meeting with the Make-a-Wish Foundation on Thursday to statagize for the next fundraising venture. Once this is in place, I can proceed to the next stage.

Any ideas or support would be appreciated.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Ohan,

It is great to see the Alpine running. There were two guys from here in Massachusetts that ran the Targa in a Tiger. I believe they ran the first and second years. I wonder if they have gone back to the event since their first couple of outtings? I will have to track their names down for you.

Anyway, as a Memorabilia idea you might consider an Apple iPhoto book. Basically, it is a nice bound compilation of your photos (there are a number of companies selling these books now besides Apple - most much less expensive)

I had made books like these to give to Sessalar, Carmichael, HJ Meyer, when we had the Sports Car Forum reunion at Mid-Ohio. It was a nice piece of memorabilia for the drivers. I always thought about offering them to club members - in fact, Scott C. ended up with one.

Steve

Sunbeam Canada

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

Team Tiger consised of Johnathan Fryer & Peter Sullivan. They raced in 2002 (1st season). Unfortunately the Tiger went off the road during the race. I don't have full details on it nor do I know the Team.

As for the photos... It's something to consider. What are the costs involved?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The cost of the book can vary but it is based on number of pages, single or double sided, etc.

My cost with was about 38.00 without shipping - add about 10.00 for shipping - BUT it was about 28 pages if I remember correctly.

With some searching I bet it could be done for half of that. There are discounts for volumes over 10 books. I am sure there are other discounts, too. There are plenty of good services besides using Apple's service.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Ohan,

The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria and the All British Car Club run a car rally on the Australia day weekend in January each year. They get approximately 1000 cars attending depending on the weather. The rally merchandise they offer consists of patches, metal car badges, hats, t-shirts, polo shirts and sleevless jackets. I know these are all the usual things, but it's a start. I have a think and let you know.

Regards, Robin.