1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

TE/AE United

Discussion in 'Upper Midwest Chapter' started by venice532, Aug 18, 2019.

1. venice532

venice532 Silver Level Sponsor

Buck and Claudia T. are sending these to me and I thought I would post them here.
    I'm not there but it looks like it's a great event.
    Bob J.

Attached Files:

2. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

I sure like the little Green Wagon! Who is the owner?

Thanks Bob J for posting! Any more? If so, keep'em coming:)

3. venice532

venice532 Silver Level Sponsor

Hi Dan, Buck just sent me these:

Attached Files:

4. absunbeam

absunbeam Platinum Level Sponsor

Dan- we own the 67 Sunbeam Super minx estate Bought from George Barton about 2 years ago, he got it from Dave Reina from NYC in 2000. Dave was at the meet and gave me more history about it. Great time in La Crosse.

5. DanR

That is surely a very nice looking lil wagon:) Can't say I have ever seen one before.

I had a '59 Hillman 2 door wagon back in '61 that I wish many times had never slipped away. It was Red &White LHD and drew a lot of attention at Charleston AFB, South Carolina.

There a Green&white one near me that is in need of restoration and has lots of metal worm activity. Tried numerous times to get the owner to sell at a "reasonable price" but He will not budge from one that is about three times what I will pay.

Shame too, because it is sitting out in the weather deteriorating.

absunbeam likes this.
  6. DanR

Saw the TigerMan's picture and instantly thought of the TEAE Article "Cooling the Tiger". Great piece worthy of all Sunbeam owners attention.

[​IMG]

7. DanR

Who's Green Tiger with the Vents where they ought - to - be ?

[​IMG]

Bet the heat is passed thru them:)

I have been attempting to do something similar..... Alpine - tiger engine compartment thru fender Vents for heat relief by DanR 20190114_152650.jpg

8. Bill Blue

Bill Blue Diamond Level Sponsor

Great event, even if there were only a handful of Alpines. I think there were more "rare" Rootes cars than Alpines. Guys - that's pitiful.

Bill

9. DanR

Bill, Sent you an email a day so ago!

Did you make it?

10. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

A Harrington won the "Best Of Show" award. An Alpine based car beat out a bunch of really nice Tigers.

11. DanR

Congratulations on the win:) Beautiful Sunbeam....Harrington

12. Bill Blue

Bill Blue Diamond Level Sponsor

Yes, we made the United, but I never received the e-mail. Made it home yesterday, about 11 1/2 hours E.T. from hotel to home. Never really fractured the speed limit. Too bad you were not able to make it, we certainly could have used another Alpine! Bob Sharkey had the only V6 Alpine and he did not have it judged.

The old animosity between Tigers and Alpines is disappearing. While some Tiger owners do not care one whit about Alpines, they realize the hobby needs all the cars it can find, regardless of badge or club affiliation. Next years United will be in North Carolina, so we should have a lot of Alpines present.

13. 65beam

Dan,
    A 110_0891.JPG 110_0871.JPG 110_0873.JPG 110_0874.JPG 110_0875.JPG 110_0876.JPG 110_0877.JPG 110_0878.JPG 110_0879.JPG 110_0880.JPG few photos of cars at the United.

14. 65beam

more photos 110_0881.JPG 110_0882.JPG 110_0882.JPG 110_0883.JPG 110_0884.JPG 110_0885.JPG 110_0886.JPG 110_0887.JPG 110_0888.JPG 110_0889.JPG

15. 65beam

A few more. The last is Gord Foss with Ed Esslinger's Tiger. Ed ( cool cat) bought this car new.

Attached Files:

16. 65beam

Dan,
    This car won the Rare Rootes class, was voted most popular rare Rootes and also Best of Show for the United. Jean was happy. I had a couple folks that asked if it was for sale. I referred them to the real owner and she said NO. 110_0724.JPG

17. Alpine Addict

Alpine Addict Platinum Donor Diamond Level Sponsor

Where in North Carolina?

18. 65beam

Greensboro is the target.

19. Alpine 1789

Alpine 1789 SAOCA President Platinum Level Sponsor

20. absunbeam

absunbeam Platinum Level Sponsor

Had Eric G and Tiger Tom take the SM estate back to the hotel after the show. looked good following them in the MkII. Looks smaller on the road with a full front seat.